Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
edenssixthday

PPN143

PPN143 - This opens up with a woody, masculine cologne-type scent, but quickly dries down to the scent of clean skin and soap, with a hint of woods in the background. It's the perfect "clean" scent for a guy. Very nice, but not for me.

My experience was totally different :P

In the bottle: Very aquatic, with a dash of something tangy.

Wet: A dirty, murky aquatic. A little bit of vetiver might be giving it that 'dirty' feel, but my nose isn't that good, so possibly something else. Salt, definitely. And dirty stuff, like you'd find on the shore. The different notes elbow to the front and then lose their place.

Drydown: Suntan lotion! I'd call this one Beach in a Bottle :D

Inside the bottle, this has a spicy cologne quality to it.

Wet on my skin, it starts out as lemon & lime citrus cologne. Actually, quite pleasant. :)

As it begins to dry, I am picking up a distinct wood note--pine, I think. This dries down to a semi-sweet citrus & wood-based cologne on my skin.

I'd say it does lean a bit more to the masculine side. I agree that it is a very "clean" smelling, slightly aquatic blend.

I did not pick up any vetiver or dirt notes on my skin, for which I am thankful, as those do not always work so well on me.

ETA: Now that this is fully dry, it's a cedar & pine wood scent, with just a hint of something sweet lurking in the background.

Edited by angelicruin

Okay, this has hints of aquatic, green musk, and motor oil in it. Actually, the motor oil may be a hint of leather, since it just smells chemically and noxious to me.

Utter fail with my skin chemistry.

This smells more than a little soapy. It is very green and aquatic. I do smell a hint of clary sage, and probably some eucalyptus. If aquatics didn't hate me so much, this would probably be wonderful.

I sniffed this at the Trunk Show a loooooong time ago. Just now found my notes...

Green. This was very green with a bit of aquatic.

Green and soapy like Irish Spring at first. Dries to soapy aquatic over a woody base. There's something slightly salty in here too. The opening is obnoxious but it closes much calmer, with an appealing fresh-sawn wood smell in the mix, plus salt and a now fainter aquatic that is still a tinge soapy. The end is way better than the beginning, but still not my type of scent.

This is mostly a clean, generic men's cologne sort of smell on me. It's slightly soapy, but not awful, and has that sweet, frosty lemon citrus smell that I get from a lot of men's fragrances. As it dries down, there's a hint of something like earthy, dark, dry woods underneath the men's cologne, and it doesn't smell quite right paired with the clean aspects for me. There are definitely masculine/clean blends that I like more than this'n.

Hmm.. green musk, herb-ish, almost a lavender-ish kind of feel, and some salty freshness - I wouldn't say aquatic as such, but in that vein. It develops into quite a brazing cologne-type of fragrance, along the lines of Wilde. I'd imagine people who love these herby/salty fresh cologne types of smells would really enjoy this one.