Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Sistinas

PEX95

When I first smell this it has an aquatic start to it, with a touch of floral, some rosewood, underneath it. Wet on my skin I still get the same scent,

As the scent dries on my skin the aquatic scent starts to disappear and the floral takes over. It is a dry scent, it is not strong or overpowering, but it is lasting and does not fade quick.

PEX95 - This opens up as the scent of hard woods and something else... dark musk, perhaps? It strikes me immediately as being a very masculine scent. As it warms up more on my skin, it takes on a slightly aquatic scent, reminiscent of Tears -- including that weird dryer sheet smell I get from Tears, but somehow, even though it's weird, it works. Something in this blend reminds me of Tiki King and I can't help but wonder if there's a bit of the ironwood bark used in Tiki King also used in this blend. It's a really great scent that I'd love to smell on my man. It's fairly subtle and sticks close to my skin, but it lasts for hours.

In the bottle it is sweet and smells greenish-blue. There is a bit of a floral to it, like floral water and wood.

On my skin the scent stays the same. I have no clue what type of wood it is, it is fairly strong . It is clean and slightly dark and as it dries more florals come out.

After has been dry for a while, I get what I'm pretty sure is white rose (well I'm like 79% sure).

It is reminiscent of Tiki King, but like Tiki King had a fling with Allison Gross. A blue/green/woody/floral with an herby kick lovechild.

This is a floral aquatic. I do believe it is rosewood, or perhaps yellow rose. This is the same aquatic feel as Allison Gross, but lighter and more feminine.

Eh, not into rose smells in general. This is pretty, light, feminine. Sort of like a young teenage girl.

Pale yellow oil. Sweet, syrupy fruit and something dark and smoky, maybe vetiver and a resin like frankincense or myrrh. Definitely some vetiver. This actually reminds me a tad of Hellion, so maybe a plum note?

Darker, spicier, foodier. Maybe slightly buttery or creamy? Some sort of sugar or maybe even caramel note, although I still get the plum. The vetiver's a tad smoky. I'm also getting a strong tobacco note now which is really nice.

This scent is really coming together and settling down. The odd foody richness was a brief phase, it seems, though this is still sweet, it reminds me of the slightly candied or maybe sugared plums, and I'm getting a bit of candied orange peel now too. The vetiver remains light, with tobacco the strongest woody note.

Okay, it's gone powdery and floral - there is jasmine and amber in this, I'm pretty sure, though they are both quite light and much less obnoxious than they frequently are. Still a good tobacco note, and now there's some honey-ish benzoin which has amped to keep this sweet, though most of the plum has gone. The orange peel is holding quite well. This blend feels 'warm' now.

This is such a morpher. I get a very musky, powdery drydown with hints of tobacco, fruit, and flowers but almost exclusively a light, slightly oakmossy sort of musk. It could be my skin chemistry which has been funky lately. Lower throw but great longevity.

Wow, this was supposed to be an aquatic? Doesn't come out that way on me at all. I agree with Fairynymph, it's syrupy fruit, possibly honeyed apple, with something dark in the background, some husky clove perhaps. As it dries down further what I believe to be the clove and possibly some smoke (or maybe it's just the smokiness of the clove) become more prominent; of course clove will always come out strong on me because I amp it. However it doesn't take over the blend entirely; there's still a good amount of the honeyed apple or whatever other fruit there is still there after it's dried down completely. This could also be because I do amp sweet notes, so the clove and honey/syrup were probably duking it out on my skin.

Edited by Invidiana

This smells sweet and fruity, like a rich, decadent wine paired with luscious rose. Gorgeous and intoxicating! I want to bathe in this stufff, it's so beautiful.

Floral, something biting and a touch green, woodiness. The floral is managing to not amp over everything else right away. This is fairly multifaceted, and I'm sort of having a hard time deciding what I'm smelling. There is a floral, but it's not perfumey. There some wood and something masculine, but it's not cologney. There's some greenness, but it's not soapy.

For a brief while it smells as I'm sure it's intended to. Then it really gets settled in and the cologne comes out. Once dry, the green has turned soapy, and the throw is like standing next to a man who took a shower with Irish Spring and then slapped on some cologne.

The cologne amps unbelievably in the end stages, and this seems to get stronger and stronger, until it arrived at the "get it off!!!" point for me and I had to go wash.

In the imp I get a nice floral-aquatic vibe, but on my skin PX39 turns to an odd resin/pencil-shaving combination with only a hint of the lovely flowers. There must be either white sandalwood or frankincense in here, maybe both, as there's a sour overlay to the unpleasant woodiness. I agree with the commenters who compared this to softer aquatics like Tears, but on me, it just doesn't work.

PEX95 turns soapy and masculine on me. It's like a bar of soap wrapped in dryer sheets with a spritz of men's musky cologne. It's sharp, dry, and soapy, so I guess there must be aquatic or ozone notes in this...

This starts off as fruity woods on me, but over time, the fruit fades and it becomes more woody and masculine. I do think there is some rosewood at play here, and possibly some cedar.