Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ami226

AF8

Very similar to AF6 in my opinion. I think this blend may have peach as well, but it is not the first note I smell. Plum maybe? There is also an almost effervescent quality that reminds me of musk, but that could just be my strange nose. Definitely a sweet fruit musk.

In the Bottle: This was a tough one. My husband guessed lilac.

Wet: Floral, with a slight bakery note.

Drydown: In the early drydown, this is like sitting under a purple lilac bush. You sense someone walking by more than actually seeing them, because you catch a whiff of their croissant as they pass ;)

The bakery note disappears as the person goes on down the street, and you just inhale the lilacs.

Sniffed: Bright, deep yellow oil. Bright florals (much like traditional feminine perfume), a bit of greenery, and maybe some fruit? Mostly floral.

Wet: More fruity, maybe grapefruit? But also more floral, and I suspect lily of the valley or muguet - something white and heady. And edge of sort of grassy, slightly bitter and sharp greenery.

Dry: Sweeter, almost nutty. I get a pink grapefruit vibe as well as something sweet and creamy, but the lily of the valley is completely overpowering the sweet/fruity notes.

Later: LotV going a bit powdery, but this has become a very creamy scent with a pale peachy-pink feel. Now I get some violet, but a nice sort of clean, comforting violet - a la Violet Ray drydown.

Inside the bottle, fruit, but I can't quite place what fruit. :think:

On the skin, spicy fruit and light floral....and almost a light cake note on my skin.

Honestly, I get more of a lilac vibe from this. HUGE in fact. On wet, I do get something that reminds me to lily of the valley (that may be the weird interaction of lilac on me). I kept thinking this might also have some jasmine in it, as there is a bit of sharpness to the overall floral.

Bright floral, huge throw. I get loads of lilac from this.

Lilac and something bitter. Not good, and of course the imp leaked all over my desk. Sigh. Off to go find a baggie now

Powdery, harsh, old-fashioned floral. Strong and stinky, slightly soapy.

I love lilac, but this doesn't smell like lilac at all on me :(. AF8 goes on smelling like a sharp white floral perfume. It reminds me a little bit of hairspray and is just musky and chemical-y. It smells perfumey, not like any actual flowers. As it dries down, it starts turning to baby powder on my skin. I had to scrub this one off, as I can't handle sharp/perfumey florals or powdery scents...

AF8 - This is gorgeous. It feels like it could be a prototype for one of The District blends. I smell a wisteria-like floral as well as peach, maybe a hint of magnolia, and possibly a drop of sweet honey. It's a really beautiful fruity-floral scent on me. It's quite strong and if I were to wear it around other people, I'd have to apply quite sparingly, but I'd still be the best-smelling person around.

Sniffed: A greenish kind of sweetness, quite floral. Light and calm.

On skin: The blend begins with this green floral-like sweetness, but blooms after drydown into something deeper, fruity-tart and sweet. I'm not good at identifying notes without a list, but I think this is a mix of rich, "red" florals and light berries/fruit. Not very grounded. Over time the florals emerge and become higher and thick.

Verdict: It's a prototype, all right: a bit one-dimensional, already with a main theme but yet to achieve more definition and depth. Not very exciting.