Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Violet and herbs … maybe some ylang ylang? And a bit of musk? The base of this smells very much like The Girl on me, which pleases me! It's like a more springtime, floral version of The Girl. LOVE.

Wet on my skin it's mint, which quickly dries to pure anise, and then after a few minutes settles down into absinthe and powdery/sugary violets. It reminds me quite a bit of L'Heure Verte only with violets instead of rose (I get no rose in this) and with a bit less anise. I didn't like it at all until the drydown, and now . . . it's nice, but it's a little too powdery and anise-y for me to wear, I think. I'm amping the anise more than I expected, and the violet is definitely there, but I prefer a fresh, cooler, less sugared violet like the one in Asphodel. I don't think this is a keeper, but it's not a bad blend, and I'd love to smell it on someone else.

Dusty violet with a hint of mint and musk. The boozy note that others have mentioned is also there.

This is a beautiful, warm scent on me. Glad I have a bottle of it. :wub2:

Light, delicate, slightly naughty. The mint/anise is present only in the earliest stages, then it dries down to a warm, sweet violet with only a hint of herbs. It's pretty light and only lasts a couple hours on my skin.

I was hoping I'd get qualities of The Girl as another reviewer above mentioned.. but I do not. To me this has similarities to L'Huere Verte from the CD line. It's lovely but I may not need the whole bottle ;)

Man, I feel kind of silly for smelling what I smell here. I wish I got violet and mint! Instead, it's mostly floral (and yes, definitely violet) but something goes . . . wrong on my skin. It might be jasmine, it might be ylang ylang, but something goes decidedly cat pee smelling and I think the culprit might be jasmine. Sadly, it's not for me.

I dont get mint at all, unless its the very very smallest amount, where you get the ghost of mint. I do get violet, but not the normal kind. I think this is the same wood violet from Philommeides (one of only two violet blends I own!). I dont tend to like violet (ATALL), but this doesnt do the nails on chalkboard thing for me, this is lovely. Theres a sweet something with the violet, a vanillac fuzziness/powderiness I can maybe get a hint of the absinthe/anise too, not strong at all.

This is lovely and soft. I didnt put very much, so I may try another test with a more liberal application to see if I get more from this one. My only problem with it is how soft it is. I like to be able to smell my perfume =)

My best guess at a notes list: vanilla dusting powder, wood violet perfume, a spilled glass of absinthe with sweet mint. I like the idea of this as part of the Ghost Ships line that we havent actually seen released. I could see this as the too-peaceful dressing room left after the murder is done.

B340

On: All sorts of flowers, some soapy, some sweet. I think I'm getting some violet, which might end up great or horrible on me. Ha. I think I can also catch a bit of something minty.

1 hour in: Soapy flowers with something musty.

6.5 hours in: Powdery, sweet, and soapy flowers.

Overall: This doesn't really smell great on me once it dries down.

Beautiful light mint, like spearmint or wintergreen rather than straight peppermint, and soft rose. My skin is hit or miss with rose, and this one is soft and quiet. Actually it has a very similar feel to Seance, with the rose and rosewood. Something woody underneath this. The whole scent is quiet and subdued, but really beautiful. This is a surprise hit- I am NOT a floral person but this is really beautiful and understated.

In bottle: very light flowers

On skin: sugar-sweetened floral

Half-hour later: fading fast, how sad :(

In conclusion: this one reminds me of Numb, without the strongly astringent mint. Light and pretty, but wish it would hang around instead of flitting away.

this was mostly anise on me.

B340 is a bit of a heartbreaker. an absolute stunner of a scent (light, feminine, beautiful, classy, anise!) but tragically it vanishes within ten minutes of putting it on.

even aging didn't up the longevity, to my great dismay. I ended up using it to make a sugar scrub, which was the perfect way to enjoy the scent without getting angsty over wear length.