Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lizzieborden

The Caterpillar

Heavy incense notes waft lazily through a mix of carnation, jasmine, bergamot, and neroli over a lush bed of dark mosses, iris blossom, deep patchouli and indolent vetiver.

A big, lush floral party. The jasmine was the most prominent and I wasn't really able to pick out any other individual floral notes. After the perfume dries, I do get a bit of incense.

This is lovely but it's not for me.

Edited by dancingchair

The first note that hits me right away is jasmine, then a soft neroli and bergamot, and finally earthy patchouli. I love this scent. It reminds me of lazy, slow summer days that drift into summer nights. It’s definitely floral, but the incense and patchouli are really grounding. I can’t wait to wear this in the summer!

Wet: It smells just like a magic shop with lots and lots of old books, exotic oils, and curiosities on its shelves.

Drydown: The funkiness of jasmine swept up by earthy patchouli and a bevy of bright incenses. There's a lot of depth to this blend, but it isn't dark or heavy. It's a 25/25/25/25 split of comforting, uplifting, intriguing, and unsettling. If you've ever been, it smells exactly like Garland of Letters on South St in Philadelphia.

Dry: All of the above, with some soapiness mixed in. It's like walking straight out of a sudsy shower and into Garland of Letters, with all of its incense, oils, and magic splendor!

8 out of 10 bones

Incense smoke snaking around languorous late summer blooms. Spicy carnation and bitter neroli are the primary flowers on my skin, but I do get a little jasmine, as well. I really enjoy The Caterpillar because it makes me feel mystical and contemplative, the only thing keeping it from perfection status is the prominence of the neroli.