Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Spawn of the She-Devil v1

Prototype of the released Dark Delicacies exclusive blend Spawn of the She-Demon.

There are some pretty obvious similarities and some pretty obvious differences between this prototype and the released version of the DD blend.

For one, the name is different. It's She-DEVIL, as opposed to She-Demon.

While they both share the red + black musk combination as a base, I find that this incarnation has coconut. I get a dark, musky coconut blend. Admittedly, my skin can find any trace of coconut in a blend and latch on to it, so this may vary. I get just a teensy bit of mango, but it's very muted. Overall, I'd have to say that this is a predominantly black musk (which can smell a little stinky on me) and coconut blend.

Edited by zankoku_zen

I've been meaning to review this since I picked it up at the Cobwebs event. It was one of three prototypes (I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain and Lamia being the other 2) that really stood out to me.

In the bottle, it reminds me of Mme. Moriarty but sweeter, richer, and deeper. I've never smelled BPAL's mango note, but I can see how it might be a component. Whatever it is, it mixes really beautifully with the dark musks in here. I don't smell any coconut in here at all, though. For some reason it also smells deep purple.. maybe ylang ylang or plum? The best way I can describe this is as a Smut/Mme. Moriarty/Lampades lovechild. It's dark, sexy, and mysterious in a way that is different from other dark, sexy scents. The heavy, dark musk is lifted by sweet, juicy fruits. I'd never imagine that this combination would be this smoothe.

ETA: Wore Mme. Moriarty today, and they are remarkable cousins.

Edited by TilHelvete

I've got a ton of prototype decants to sniff thru and review before they travel on.

This one came to me as a sweet...soft sweet. Not a sugar or foodie sweet. But soft musky sweet. It was nice but I can tell it's just not one for me.

straight sniff from imp is all peachy and foody...me likey!!

once applied florals amp up and it becomes the motherload of flowers...

i like the released version much better even tho' the first whiff starts out

fantabulous.... :P

Sniffed: Rich amber coloured oil. Incensey with perfumey amber and earthy patchouli, along with loads of red musk. It's not fruity that I can tell, and not very sweet. Dark and smoky, and a little vetiver, too - a man could wear this.

Wet: Soapier/more vetiver, more of a medicinal-cola tang from the red musk.

Dry: Whoaaaa red musk amping (and behaving very mentholically), and is there ambergris in this? I find this so masculine! More patchouli, very much the dirty hippie headshop type.

Summary: Not a lot of morphing beyond the continued incredible amping of the red musk. Insanely strong throw. I don't get coconut ever.

there's something here that reminds of the tricks - I'm thinking magnolia. this is a dark, sweet scent, not vanilla sweet by any means, but more softly subdued sweet, sensous and slinky. not overtly musky but I would believe it's a base note grounding it. I'm also getting a whiff of cherry. dragon's blood too I think. I like it.

Spawn of the She-Devil v1 - On me, the red musk dominates the blend. Not far behind it is a dark or black musk and the dry, earthy scent of coconut husk. Black musk usually doesn't smell good on me, and sadly, this is no exception. I was hoping the other notes would overpower it, but it just smells "off" on me because of the black musk. The red musk and coconut would have awesome, though, if the black musk hadn't tainted them.

I didn't have too much of this blend to test, and it's very hard for me to pick out notes from this. I think I'm getting red musk at first, which always smells slightly fruity to me, and maybe a bit of earthy patchouli. As it dries down, the musk is sharper and more cologne-like, and the blend starts to smell sort of like perfumey floral on my skin. Red musk usually is smoother and sweeter on me, so maybe other reviewer's impressions of black musk are more accurate. This is too musky and sharp for me.