Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
devilot

Bat of Wealth

Heliotrope, pomegranate, blackberry, bergamot, and patchouli.

This blend is dark patchouli and berries. It is not strong, which could be a good thing since it's the patchouli that is the more powerful. The blend is rich but subdued. Understated but elegant... kind of like true wealth.

Thank you to devilot for swapping this one to me. It is absolutely yummy, but I am having a hard time picking out the notes. I am getting dark sweetness with a drop of patchouli. I swear I smell vanilla in it that goes a teeny bit plasticy on me but in a good way if that makes sense. Unlike any other BPAL I own. LOVE IT! :wub2:

This is a wonderful berry, I love the smell of it so much, I ordered two bottles of it, and it's living in my Zocket right now, which I even sleep in. Obsessed much?

*Edit* this does disappear very rapidly, so it's best in the Zocket. Still gorgeous. I am convinced now that All Bats is Good Bats for me.

Edited by stellamaris

I bought this based on the notes alone. I love heliotrope, I love berries, I love bergamot, I love patchouli. What could go wrong?

Nothing, as it turns out! I don't have much to say re: the scent because it basically smells like a gilded heliotrope (which has a distinctly vanilla flavor on me) and sweet, perfect berries with a grounding of patchouli.

Right after application is disappeared for a few minutes, but it's back now. It's light but full and rich. It stays pretty close to my skin, which makes it a perfect sophisticated work blend. I can imagine myself wearing it with a pencil skirt and pearls. Maybe interview quality since it's lovely but unobtrusive.

Delicious! And thanks to the patch, I believe it will age wonderfully.

This is a lovely scent, the berries and patchouli together compliment wonderfully. Unfortunately, this scent disappears very quickly on my skin, and then there's almost nothing. It's pretty if I stuff my wrist up against my nose and inhale deeply. VERY deeply. But even slathering doesn't help.

In bottle: argh. Thickly sweet, almost syrupy-sweet fruits: pomegranate and berries, a touch of bergamot and heliotrope, and patchouli to temper the sweetness a bit.

Wet on skin: pomegranate, berries, highly floral heliotrope, and patchouli. It's very...opulent, I guess? Which sounds about right for a Bat of Wealth. The wet stage is not as "syrupy" as in the bottle, and it's lighter now. The patchouli is not too bad: it's also light and not in your face, and works well to ground the scent.

Dry: well...this is the scend of fruits in dirt. The patchouli is not too bad, this is actually rather interesting and "different" on my skin, and the dirt feeling in the patchouli is tempering the highly berry jam-my sweetness that would certainly bring this over the edge for me. As it lasts longer on my skin, the patchouli continues to gain ground, until it's very, very much dirt and fruits to my nose.

Verdict: I was half hoping this would work in the end, as I'm realizing I have very few fruity blends that I care to have :( oh well! The patchouli started out nice but just overwhelming in the end.

Unfortunately, I did not have much of this oil to test. But from what I can smell of it, it smells mostly like berries and patchouli on me, which is a very pleasing combination! Heliotrope is one of my favorite floral notes, and I honestly can't remember ever finding bergamot offensive either. Pom tends to ruin a blend for me because my skin chemistry makes it smell like bathroom air freshener, which is a big thumbs-down. But it's being drowned out sufficiently in this that I don't feel like I'm in a gas station bathroom at all. I wish I had more of this to do a full wear.

Lately I've been losing the patchouli in a couple of blends, and I'm wondering if something's wrong with my nose.  I'm getting almost all fruit here.  Berry and pom, with the blackberry veering into candy territory as it nearly always does on me, though I shall never give up my quest for a realistic blackberry that works with my skin.  The heliotrope is most evident in the opening, and there's a little bit of bergamot to temper the sweetness, but tragically I am getting almost zero patchouli.  And my skin eats this up really quickly.