Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Autumn Coolness

The scent of wisteria, Cymbidium, lotus blossom, and cassia buds drifting on a breeze through gently swaying bamboo reeds.

I bought the 2012 version from the Lab and it was one of my all time favorite Weenies. Then I saw they had the 2008 version on the Etsy shop and I couldn't resist. This is a review of 2008, since my 2012 was all gone, but they feel very similar to me, so the batches were stable.

Almost tangy-green at first—smells wet, like a heavy rain on top of a pile of leaves. A little cinnamon-spiciness to warm it all up and make you feel cozy after walking through the damp leaves. It's not too sharp, not sweet at all but has an undercurrent of something almost-sweet. This always reminds me of autumn in Washington, DC/Takoma Park, MD.

Where I'd wear this: Walking to the Metro in September, Takoma Park, MD

The softest cassia, with cottony soft florals and tea notes in the background. I know there's no tea in the description, but that's what I get...a cassia-floral tea. Gentle, understated prettiness.

Source: Decant from 2012, waiting for me to get to it.

Preconception: I'm afraid of florals, So, this one is intimidating.

Imp: Wet, sweet, juicy.

Skin: I ALWAYS underestimate how beautiful lotus is. This is wet, pretty, "floral" technically but absolutely beautiful. Like sitting next to a creek in soring.

Drydown: Unfortunately it IS a floral and I'm dumb to different flower scents. One of them takes center stage and turns the blend away from creek-wet-breezes and into pollen territory. White, sweet, a bit clean. But steals the show.

The amount of floral/pollen I get from this keeps the scent from feeling autumnal to me, and more like a spring/summer scent.

Soft lotus blooms in a breeze at twilight. The wisteria and cassia blossoms are blooming further off and wafting on the breeze. Cymbidium and bamboo grow along the shore of the lotus pond adding floral and sweet green freshness to keep the lotus from getting too sweet.

This is beautiful and evokes a cool and breezy evening. Definitely glad I was able to get a hold of it through Etsy!