Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
hellomoonglow

Ether

Translucent blooms, ethereal white resins, and davana.

imp: light, clean, sweet, fresh. very softly floral (the kind of floral i like) and crisp.

wet: this is just what my laundry smells like fresh off the line. that sort of sun-sweet clean scent. hard to describe but there it is.

dry: as this dries it smells more like the sweet, watery grass/aquatic scent of sturgeon moon. i think a bottle may be in order.

Meh. I got this as a frimp; and while I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would, I didn't like it either.

It is a light, indistinct floral with something lemony in the background. As I generally dislike florals, the best I can say is that it didn't trigger my allergies.

In the bottle: this is very clean, bordering on soapy. there's something slightly sharp that I can't put my finger on (the resins?), and maybe something like tree roots. or flower roots I suppose. I actually don't think it's very ethereal at all; smells much more based in corporeality. *shrug* maybe it's just me.

On my skin: becomes more ethereal once it hits my skin, with the "translucent blooms" being most prominent. it reminds me a little bit of lotus or maybe lilies. it turns chilly as it dries, a bit like Snow White, and makes me shiver a bit, like a chill oozing down your spine. bit creepy really. turns powdery as it dries.

Last thoughts: frankly, it makes me think of bubbles. blowing them, popping them, watching them drift on a lazy breeze. who knows why. maybe it's the soapy lightness.

Edited by frecklestars

In bottle: translucent: faint, yellow-white flowers. There's an almost citrusy feel to this, a yellow tinge, but this is mostly white florals, a hint of a creamy base, and ozone. Very lovely.

Wet on skin: very lovely--it's slightly warmer, but retains its loveliness in the bottle. At first, it's a bit sharper on the first sniff, with a faintly powdery tinge. Hopefully that powderiness won't develop more. It's slightly ozoney, which is appropriate for the blend, but it's soft and inviting. It's also not as creamy as I originally thought it was.

Dry: doesn't morph so much--it's largely the same as the wet phase, and thank goodness the powdery note stays at bay, and actually gives this blend a soft texture, a kind of reassuring pleasantness. I'm getting ozone, and a faint yellow-white almost-citrusy floral. As it stays longer on my skin though, this yellow-white floral continues to slide into the "yellow" side little by little, and a sour note develops--not too unpleasant, but a little jarring.

Verdict: I had to retest this, it was so pretty as it was. That sour note in the end quite ruined it for me :(

In the imp, it's slightly aquatic yet airy, with a whiff of lemon and florals. It's quite pleasant on my skin. Whoa this fades very, very quickly on me. I am left with just a breath of lemon and florals.

shipping this bottle off to a better home, so some quick notes so i remember why i didn't keep it...

friendly, soapy, lightly floral (no purple or white). reminds me a lot of one of the Philosophy perfumes (the purple one, Falling In Love?), which i have both a perfume and dupe oil of.

very pretty, very nonoffensive, would even make a lovely and comforting room scent.

badly named. i don't think this should've been a steampunky scent. this is what i wanted from Grandmother of Ghosts.

Wet: Sweet, and aquatic. A tiny bit floral.

Dry: Almost exactly the same as the wet stage! Very light, sweet, aquatic floral.. that manages to not turn soapy on my skin.

I think it's nice, but not something I'm really drawn to wearing.

Edited by donkehpoo

Ether is clean and fresh, a little lemony, a little floral, a little aquatic though not too soapy. It's not my thing but I can see it being a lovely summer scent on the right person.