Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
bryghtrose

Rose Red Soap (by Silk Road Trading Company)

The perfected winter rose, dew covered and freshly cut.

Water, saponified free-trade palm kernal oil, coconut oil, soy oil, shea butter, jojoba oil, castor oil, rose clay, and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume oil.

The pressure of the first review!

My soap arrived today, just when I needed it. I'd planned a relaxing bath for tonight, after the week I'd had. Rose Red soap was the perfect touch.

The bar is a waxy rose color, and it was so well-wrapped that I couldn't smell it until I removed the plastic.

It really is the perfect, dewy rose, with all the crisp greenery you get in the perfume. Only I think it's better in the soap (is that sacrilege?). Perhaps it's the concentration of scent, perhaps the steam and heat of the bathtub enhance the scent. It's a gorgeous scent, and I love it.

As for the soap itself, the later was less than I'm used to, but this is my first time using a BPTP soap. My skin wasn't dry after using it.

I really wish I could stock up on this stuff. I'd horde it like small, rose-scented pink gold bars.

Wow, this is just as potent as if I were sniffing out of the bottle! It's absolutely true to the Rose Red oil, a gorgeous perfect rose. It seems to lather a bit less than other BPTP soaps I've tried (especially El Dia De Reyes and MiskU), but it more than makes up for that by scenting my skin nicely without being cloying.

I don't use bar soap on my body. Ever. I don't like the way it leaves my skin, and it usually makes me itch. The BPTP soaps aren't necessarily fully moisturizing, but so far they don't leave me red and scaly. Rose Red is no exception; my skin felt nice and soft after getting out of the shower.

I ***LOVE*** this stuff.

So much so I'm reviewing just to be inarticulate about it.

It's creamier than the other BPTP soaps, much easier on the skin, and disappears fast possibly because it just seems a LOT softer and richer than the other soaps I've tried. It's incredibly lush, smells terrific, and layers well with Winter Maiden, by the by.

A little sliver will scent your bathroom and your life, making it just that much happier.

My bathroom now smells of fresh cut roses, the texture of the soap is creamy and lovely but doesn't deposit any scent at all on my skin which is unfortunate. I'm not complaining though, this a treasure of a soap and I may pick up another bar or two if they haven't sold out yet. Nope they've sold out, ah well I'll just have to be happy with my one beautiful bar.

Edited by Summerpixy

Rose Red soap--a thing of beauty!

The scent is just so spot-on--I'll bet $100 dollars that in a blind sniff test I couldn't ID the oil from the soap. Both have an intense, sharp stem-green followed by a rich, deep true rose--no sugary coating here--it's rose, full on!

The thing that's sold me, however, is the effect it's had on my skin. My winter-in-New-England-dry-house-heat scaly, flaky skin hasn't dared show its face since I started using my Rose Red soap. Just for that, it's a keeper. Add in the incredible scent, and it's magical!

This is definitely competing for my favorite BPTP soap!

The scent is exactly like the fragrance oil, only, since it never gets time to develop on your skin, it stays heavier on the greenery. The scent is really strong, which is just heavenly in the shower. It's seriously like you're bathing in a florist's cooler -- you're blasted with icy, rosy greenery.

The scent does linger on the skin, but it's only noticeable right up close. But it lingers in the bathroom forever! :P

The soap itself is quite like the Pumpkin soap in consistency -- medium soft, from the clay, with moderate lather. Because it's softer, it melts a little faster than some others, but for me, it still lasts a long time. (A quarter of the bar lasts about 2 weeks.)

It leaves my skin feeling the same as any other BPTP soap. My skin is quite dry this time of year, and that's impossible to prevent, but this soap doesn't exacerbate the problem.

Gorgeous. Just perfect, it smells EXACTLY like Rose Red oil, amazingly accurate. I've noticed that a few of the other soaps don't quite "translate" scent - wise, but Rose Red is dead on. It's a strong, silky, beautiful pinkish red soap. This is rivaled only by Snake Oil soap as my favorite. I wish I has bought a few more bars, I could bathe in this every day for the rest of my life.

Absolutely beautiful! :P

I've been using Rose Red soap to wash my face for the last couple of days and it's quite wonderful. The scent of it is the exact same crisp green rose as the oil, nothing has been toned down or changed. The soap lathers nicely (not a ton of bubbles, but definitely enough), and is quite creamy and gentle while still leaving everything squeaky clean and very fresh feeling. I've got an oily T zone while my cheeks are dry from the cold weather, and the bar has been equally kind to both areas. The scent lingers close to my skin for a few minutes after washing, though it's very light (RR the oil doesn't last super long on me either, so that could have something to do with it). The soap's scent is totally bold and luxurious while washing though and that's really what counts!

This really *is* like washing with Rose Red perfume. In the shower its cool, crisp roses with that hint of green.

On me, the BPAL rose note is a juggernaut... it just takes over and blooms prolifically. In the case of the soap however, it does not dominate and I'm just lightly scented. And I can still put on perfume on top and it does not clash.

Lathers well, makes the bath smell good. I'm not a rose fan but I'm very happy to have been able to try this soap. Rose Red lovers should REALLY like this.