Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom, from Single Notes.

First sniff: This is quite a bit more subtle, darker and less sweet than I expected. The scent from the vial reminds me quite a bit of Lush’s Therapy massage bar, or the inside of an orange peel.

Wearing: Ooh, yum. It picks up a tiny hint of sweetness and a nice sharp edge on my skin. I need to wear this one and the Honey single note layered together sometime just to see what it does. As with all the single notes I’ve tried, my brain is immediately going “Oh, that’s what that note was in <insert name of blend here>” – in this case it’s Succubus and Masquerade. I don’t think I like it quite enough to wear by itself, but I’ll definitely keep it around for layering purposes.

this is indeed a sharp orange blossom! i grew up in orange growing country, and while i was hoping for a slightly sweeter version, this one is very true. it does pick up a bit more sweetness on the skin, but it's still an orange blossom with lots of pith. very refreshing!

In the bottle: Soap.

Wet: Slightly more orangey but still soap.

Drydown: This smells just like orange blossoms. And…like home (Southern California).

Finally: I really love this but I don’t think I’ll wear it. It’s almost like homesickness in a bottle and it makes me sad. :D :D :D :P :D

this is a sweet, sharp, floral, citrussy smell, it kind of reminds me of a big bowl of fruit loops, it actually makes my mouth tingle and salivate.

Bottle (Imp): Hmm... a touch sharp.

Just On: A touch sharp, but still seems like orange blossoms to me.

An hour or two later: I think I'm smelling the whole orange tree.

Around 6 hours: This is quite an interesting scent, and I like it.

12 hours: It's all gone, no more interestingness.

Overall: This is nice. I like it, and it's pretty true, to my nose, from my scant memory.

After reading other reviews: This wasn't as citrusy as I thought it might be. Other than that, nice.

This is a sharp citrus with a bitter edge. Very much like orange rind/pith but also with a sort of plasticy bandaid note in the background. I can definitely pick this out as a component from Santa Eularia des Riu. After a while this dries into a flat chalky slightly plastic scent.

Edited by cupide430

I was very hesitant to try this singlenote because BPAL's orange blossom almost always smells harsh and burnt on my skin. I don't know what actual orange blossoms smell like, but this singlenote isn't as bad as orange blossom usually is on me.

There is a slight burnt sharpness underneath this, but it's not overpowering as it usually is. It's a bit powdery for the first few minutes that I wear it. Mostly this is striking me as a sweet aquatic scent though.

Odd. Orange blossom does strange things on my skin.

119702081.jpg

During the romantic Victorian era, it was doubtless the fondest dream of most brides to carry fresh bouquets of fragrant white orange blossoms on their wedding day. These lovely bouquets were so fashionable that myriads of their blossoms were transported nationwide from Florida just to accommodate brides.

BPAL blends which include Orange Blossom single note:

Baccahnalia, Bess, Catherine, Dracul, Hunger, Jezebel, Lolita, Katarina, Les Infortunes De La Vertu, Maenad, Masquerade, Melpomene, Ravenous, Santa Eularia Des Riu, Succubus, Vicomte De Valmont, Vice, Vixen.

In the bottle

Wow, very similar to neroli. Orangey but not sweet at all. I've smelled neroli in products but not orange blossom, not by itself and I can't believe how similar they are.

On

So fresh smelling. Ohh. :P I'm not sure if I got some on my nose or if this has an incredible amount of throw.

30 minutes

A little goes a long way with this single note which is fabulous. It's one of the strongest smelling, longest lasting bpal blends that I've tried, no lie.

Throw:

Not sure but I'm thinking it has alot.

Scent category:

Floral/Citrus

Summary

I cannot believe how fresh this smells. A bottle and an imp smell so different. I mean my imp smells the same but it's so amped up in the bottle holy smokes! :D I've never smelled orange blossom before by itself and I'm just so enamored of this. It's a green orange if that makes sense, almost herbal smelling. A just off the tree orange smell, and not one iota of sweetness to it, it doesn't even smell like a flower really more like a cross between a fresh orange and a lemon....but just intoxicating as hell. Goddess bless the person who took such good care of this blend, it's so fresh smelling.

Purchase again?

Yes.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

Bright, sweet orange, with a touch of soft powder to it. Has its sharp moments, but what I'm really loving is the underscore: that soft touch. It doesn't smell floral to me, but it's definitely the flower, not the fruit--I think that softness evidences that to me. Gets softer and softer until it disappears. Gorgeous, but probably not something I'd wear much--though if it came back, I'd probably order it.

I love orange, but maybe not in perfume form. When I opened this, it smelled nothing like what I thought an orange blossom should. After about an hour it has become more orangy, but I guess this is just not for me! I'll save it, though, cause it's in a pretty, tarted impy.