Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lady_Ell

Coconut

Coconut SN

In the imp: a soft, almost 'suntan lotion' scent, but almost milk-like.

Wet on skin: like many pure coconut scents, the scent gains a dry, greenish 'desiccated coconut' scent on the skin, but with a hint of coconut water.

Dry on skin: coconut, pure and simple. This is raw coconut that has been shredded and desiccated. It's a greenish coconut, dry and almost coarse in scent, but oddly, there's also a 'wet' feel there like coconut milk or water, almost like dry coconut shreds soaked in or floating in coconut water.

After a while: the odd green scent does fade a little and the scent becomes a scent of dry coconut shavings, or those coconut ice sweets with dry coconut shreds stuck together with sugar. It's a lot sweeter now and becomes a tad creamy as the hours pass.

Verdict: this is pure coconut, the scent of summer and suntans and tropical drinks of coconuts with straws in them, the scent of fairground sweets and cakes dusted in desiccated coconut. It smells similar to many coconut perfumes I've tried, in that it turns dry and green on my skin, but it doesn't have the slight plastic scent that some coconut scents come with. I do like it and it smells nice and coconutty, but I prefer this kind coconut in blends, and I prefer the 'coconut meat' note from Obatala because it is richer and creamier and doesn't have the odd 'green' scent I get here. I'm glad I tried this though.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? not sure-I might swap it. But it's a good coconut note.

This isn't coconut milk, but the sweet, juicy, slightly grainy texture of coconut meat (inasmuch an odor can have a texture :P ). It may be a bit too sweet for me and not as smooth and rich as I prefer my coconut, but like the previous reviewer said, it is a good coconut note, so I'll be keeping the imp!

I was lucky enough to get this over a year ago and never reviewed it, oy ve!

To reiterate what others have said, a sweet, fresh, meaty coconut scent with all the connotations of a suntan lotion day, except that this smells genuine and not fake. Raw sweetened coconut..yum. Very good for layering with.. well almost anything, particularly Monsterbait: Tokyo Stomp, where it makes you smell like a MOUNDS bar!!!!

Origin: half-imp bought from joseybird on LJ

Initial Thoughts: I love the smell of coconut, the taste of coconut. This one's been on my try-if-I-ever-get-the-chance list for ages.

In the Vial: Rich, fresh coconut. I get just the barest impression of the suntan-oil idea so far.

Wet: On my skin it's creamier and warmer, sparring between foody and suntan-oil scent.

Drydown: Good grief, my skin ate that one fast! Right now I have to jam my nose against my hand to get the barest whiff of the coconut. It's drier now, sun-baked without smelling like suntan lotion. No more foody-sweet impression, but the real coconut meat opened and left to dry in the sun.

Verdict: I may try a dab or two for layering experiments. I'd definitely put it in a scent locket if I had a bottle.

This smells like coconut but from a suntan lotion or that Malibu smell. It's kinda 'fake' and 'plastic' smelling on me.

On the other hand, it totally makes me think of the BEACH! :D

Thanks to a lovely forumite, I finally had the chance to test this. :heart:

I would say this scent is right in between Hawaiian Tropic and coconut milk, with a little sweetened, shredded coconut on top. It's not plastic or cloying at all, but rather it sits close to my skin yet has a pleasing amount of throw.

I'd kill a distant relative for a full bottle.

I am very lucky that coconut works nicely on my skin - it always does, and it's always good. My favourite is black coconut, but I like all kinds really :smile:

This Coconut SN is lovely because it's not suntan lotion/Malibu liqueur smelling on me at all. It's also not overly sweet like candied coconut. It smells like real, natural coconut pulp - what you get from an actual raw coconut. It has a lovely freshness to it, and it's very clean. Unlike some of the previous reviews, I'm not getting a 'cream' from it at all. What I like most about it is that I can wear it without it being obviously COCONUT. People won't be hanging around me saying I SMELL COCONUT all the time - it's a really subtle coconut smell, rather than being all in-your-face-coconut-y.

My only complaint is that it doesn't stick around for long on my skin, but unfortunately that's true of many BPALs for me :(

I would definitely grab a bottle of this if one ever came my way. If it came without me having to sell a kidney in order to buy it, that is.