Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Initial thoughts:... there are no notes. How am I meant to have thoughts with no notes? Although WORD ON DA STREET is that this might be Wrath and White Rabbit mixed, so if I like it I KNOW WHAT TO DO!

But to be honest, I don't really think I'm going to like it. I like unmuddled scents with a few notes (Like, five tops) the best, and this is probably just going to have too much going on.

In the imp: Cinnamon Fisherman's Friends

On the wrist, wet: Cinnamon and jasmine... uh oh, jasmine? Sometimes I have a reaction to something that COULD be jasmine. And wintergreen, still.

Fifteen minutes later: That's actually mellowed, which DOES surprise me (The wet stage was OMG AWFUL). Cinnamon, but HOT cinnamon back up mostly likely by a musk to make something far removed from the clean, Christmassy little tingle in Bakeneko. And I DO get the bubblegum feel that some people mentioned - the vanilla reacting with something, maybe? Maybe Dragon's Blood... so far the only Dragon's Blood scent I've tried drowned it completely, so I can't say for certain. No itching or irritation, although I'm tempted to think it still does smell like jasmine.

This is a happy, bright bubbly scent quite unlike anything else in my collection, and d'you know - I think I actually quite like it!

Verdict: It's a keeper, although we'll have to see if I ever get bottles of Wrath and the White Rabbit if I try mixing them :P

Tl;Dr: Cinnamon bubblegum! In a good way!

At first I get a sharp hint of something that vetiver-like. But thankfully that disappears , and it's a very soft cinnamon with that sharp vetiver-like note accompanying it. It's interesting and I'm glad I tried it, but it's just okay.

Ah'Duno is all cinnamon and dragon's blood on me, in the vial and on my skin. The cinnamon here isn't a pleasant, sweet, sugared cinnamon either. This is a sharp cinnamon. The dragon's blood isn't very sweet here either, but it does its usual rotten flowers thing on my skin.

Rotten flowers and sharp cinnamon.

Edited by Little Bird

I was gifted an imp of this a couple months ago and just got around to reviewing it. Looking at the imp, the bright red color made me suspect a Dragon's Blood note even before I sniffed it.

Wet on my skin, this is spicy cinnamon and Dragon's Blood. As it dries, I think I smell Lotus as well, but it's still mostly cinnamon layered over Dragon's Blood.

I do like this blend and I am grateful to have had a chance to try it out.

Ah'Duno

The always generous and lovely Evon sent this to me with an eBay win. Like some others, I had no idea what the heck this was. On the skin... Dragon's blood? Wintergreen? Cinnamon? Lilac? Lotus? I really have no idea, but it dries down to a pretty straightforward Red Hots style cinnamon.

First sniff: The wet insides of a cinnamon jawbreaker.

Wearing: Very very cinnamon candy, and not a whole lot else.

Not like I'm saying much that hasn't already been said, but ... cinnamon and floral (dragon's blood, most likely). I saw a description somewhere of "Wrath lite--cinnamon and creamy floral" and I totally agree.

In the vial...Juicy Fruit gum, with a tad of cinnamon sprinkled on it. And somewhere, a whisper of patchouli.

Wet, it's all dragon's blood, with a waft of spearmint underneath And as it dries, cinnamon and dragon's blood.