Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shelldoo

Madonna

Madonna, Edvard Munch.
Hyssop, pomegranate, Angel’s Trumpet, Indonesian patchouli, iris, white orchid, and frankincense.

Odd. This reminds me of "Angels on Bare Skin" scrub from Lush.
So-so overall.

Arrrrrgh! I need single notes so I can tell what I am sniffing. This is making me nuts!

As best I can tell... there's something sharply floral- I can taste it- it's that strong. Behind that, something that is mostly green (iris?) that tones down the razor sharpness. After that, there's a hint of something clay-like or plastic in nature.

The phases that this fragrance evolves through are just breathtaking. I don't think that I would wear this scent but it is magnificent in its presentation.

This is quite pretty. It smells very much like Dark Delicacies at first--with the overlap of Angel/Devil's trumpet, white/black orchid, and patchouli, I wonder what it could be? I'm going to go with the Angel Trumpet as the sharp, sinister floral scent that eventually calms down into a softer, sweeter, flower scent with the hint of tart pomegranate. The end result is as aquatic as I'll ever be able to wear for my tricky skin chemistry, very soft and serene. The morph is very aproppriate of the painting of a dark Madonna.

In the imp, I'm getting pomegranate, hyssop, and florals. On my skin, much the same. We'll see where this goes.

I'm sure this is brilliant on someone else, but pomegranate does not like me. I can barely get it to say a nice word using Mme. Moriarty. The Great He-Goat, it threatens to bite but barely keeps in check. Madonna, it outright says to me "why do you keep trying to befriend me? You know better." This blend was the deepest disappointment of the Salon III set...considering I'm a perpetual, oblivious optimist in regards to perfumes. Wet, this comes across as strong hyssop and pomegranate with something that smells like dryer sheets. Drydown, no dryer sheets but still very sharp soapy green with tangy fruit. Oh well!

Okay, I'm not sure which note is doing what at first. I put this on and for about 45 minutes, it was a stunning, sophisticated fruity incense deluxe fragrance. I thought uh-oh, another Salon perfume that I have to track down!

I love patchouli but there is a certain patchouli that turns sour for me. Apparently that would be Indonesian patchouli because it takes over and kind of ruins Madonna for me, unfortunately. It reminds me of the heavy, sour patchouli that I didn't like in Smiling Spider. : (

I guess it's okay, since I can't afford to get all the Salon scents that I want anyway!