Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
quinkel

Best BPAL for gym, workout, sports, exercise?

For cardio, I really like just a tiny dab of something with a citrus note. It's energizing and it smells nice and clean. My current favorite is Key Lime Pie. (Also, the smell of pie is a good incentive to work out!)

Oddly, I never really thought of wearing a specific BPAL for exercise--but it sounds like a great idea! I wonder if TAL Energy would be good for that.

I don't normally work out with perfume on (a lot of my favorite scents are dark murky smoky scents or resin-heavy and they just make me want to lie around and be arty!) but Yule 2015's Rose Red is really fresh and clear and makes me want to run around outside.

I like to throw on anything with green tea before a run for that extra zing! of energy and freshness.

I don't have a specific workout scent, I tend to grab whatever I am in the mood for. Last time I wore Snake Oil, which is a nice scent but I never quite understood the hype, and being hot and sweaty turned it into the most beautiful sugary vanilla. I need to test this further.

It seems a lot of people prefer a fresh or clean scent while working out...I don't really care for those types of scents, and I also want something nice and strong so I get whiffs of it while I am running (I don't go to a gym, I run on my elliptical at home so I don't have to worry about my scent bothering others). I wore Snake Oil today, that was great. Randomly wore Pirate Moon a couple of times lately, that was ok, but not quite what I was looking for in a workout scent. I sprayed the Lady in Black Atmo on my clothes on the weekend, that was nice. I still feel like I am searching for the perfect workout scent - something that smells even better when I am hot and sweaty. I'll keep looking!

It seems a lot of people prefer a fresh or clean scent while working out...I don't really care for those types of scents, and I also want something nice and strong so I get whiffs of it while I am running (I don't go to a gym, I run on my elliptical at home so I don't have to worry about my scent bothering others). I wore Snake Oil today, that was great. Randomly wore Pirate Moon a couple of times lately, that was ok, but not quite what I was looking for in a workout scent. I sprayed the Lady in Black Atmo on my clothes on the weekend, that was nice. I still feel like I am searching for the perfect workout scent - something that smells even better when I am hot and sweaty. I'll keep looking!

I also work out at home. I usually take my gym time as a "stress test" opportunity for scents that are potentially iffy or likely to be strong, especially if my body temperature were to spike at work. It's a good way for me to force myself to give a scent a chance to morph, as I'll have to put up with it for 2 hours or so (day off workout).

When not testing, I'll treat myself to aromatherapy with something I know is too powerful to slather. My "me" time, away from my husband's or the world's sensitive nostrils, I'll stink if I want to! Red musk and dragon's blood are especially marvelous when I run hot, but I seem to also reach for woody and smoky/vetiver blends a lot.

Things in which I have deliberately bathed: Smokestack / Antikythera Mechanism (both STRONG, sweet polished woods to me), Greed, Brimstone, Aureus, Anne Bonny, The Infernal Lover, Bloodlust...

* Lesson learned the hard way: Snow at Noon had low throw when tested sitting around at home, but turned me into a green supernova in the middle of a lecture.

I also work out at home. I usually take my gym time as a "stress test" opportunity for scents that are potentially iffy or likely to be strong, especially if my body temperature were to spike at work. It's a good way for me to force myself to give a scent a chance to morph, as I'll have to put up with it for 2 hours or so (day off workout).

When not testing, I'll treat myself to aromatherapy with something I know is too powerful to slather. My "me" time, away from my husband's or the world's sensitive nostrils, I'll stink if I want to! Red musk and dragon's blood are especially marvelous when I run hot, but I seem to also reach for woody and smoky/vetiver blends a lot.

Things in which I have deliberately bathed: Smokestack / Antikythera Mechanism (both STRONG, sweet polished woods to me), Greed, Brimstone, Aureus, Anne Bonny, The Infernal Lover, Bloodlust...

* Lesson learned the hard way: Snow at Noon had low throw when tested sitting around at home, but turned me into a green supernova in the middle of a lecture.

:rofl: that's terrible! I don't seem to have that issue - something is either strong on me or not, regardless of activity.

I slathered on some Spooky before my run today - the combo of invigorating mint and warm boozey coconut was PERFECT for getting all hot and sweaty. It might be a new fave for before exercise.

I never use oil before workout; always after.

I never used to apply before hand either, because it seemed like a waste, since I was just going to hop in the shower after....but I literally have so much perfume that I will never use it all, and I am constantly acquiring more, so I figured, why not!? It makes me super happy to wear whatever I want, because it is "me time" and I don't have to worry about friends or co workers sensitive noses, I slather in what I want, and love getting big whiffs of it while I run.

Today I randomly threw on Mattie Silks, because I hadn't worn it in a while. Turned out to be a great idea! The effervescence really buoyed me along while I ran! I also find the Lab's champagne note to have a nice "clean" effect. I smelled good even after I was dishustingly sweaty. :)