Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

... Their scent is a mishmash of snow, dirt, Icelandic moss, marsh felwort, and the smushed petals of buttercups and moorland spotted orchids, with the barest hint of the scent of pilfered Christmas pastries.

2011 version

On the skin:
Definitely the smell of Christmas. I usually associate cinnamon with Christmas, but this one has a combination of cookie, slight florals, Christmas tree, and a slight spiciness that also makes me think of Christmas. I like this one as a scent, but it isn't something I would ever wear.

In the bottle: Ooh, lovely. I get christmas spices mixed with something cold and vaguely outdoorsy.

Wet: Yeah, a mix of florals, herbs, snow and those pilfered pastries. Rich, deep and wonderful.

Dry: Alas! The flowers become much more prominent and gets that dreaded 'toilet-spray' smell. It does the same as a room scent too :( A shame, as it's so lovely wet, but I think I'll have to pass this on.

This is the 2006 version. I get all the wintry snow, pine and oakmoss but no Christmas pastries, which gives me a sad. To the swap pile it goes!

Edited by gingiemay

2007 release:

I smell the lab's slushy snow note with pine being kept in check. The slushiness lasts and lasts and ultimately goes away and the faintest smell of pastry emerges. I like the transition from slushy snow to pastries, but it take too damn long.

Edited by theredkilt

2007 version:

Pine and moss in the bottle. Goes on as SPRUCE! woo that’ll clear your sinuses!

Unfortunately this dries to a more sour pine with some other plant note — maybe the moss? the wet stage was much nicer. No florals or food.

2006 version.

The notes: a mishmash of snow, dirt, Icelandic moss, marsh felwort, and the smushed petals of buttercups and moorland spotted orchids, with the barest hint of the scent of pilfered Christmas pastries.

What I get: Mentholic snow (and a bit of an undertone of chapstick!?) that shifts into spearmint-y snow and then some evergreen and possibly benzoin-infused Snow Bunny-esque snow and some moss. What I am not getting: dirt, flowers, or pastries. 😭

Clearly I have bad luck with snow + pastry scents. (Looking at you, too, Frostbitten Knave of Hearts.)

I so wanted the pastry.