Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

Veils & Mist

Shields you from prying eyes, aids in deception, keeping secret buried, and turns the eyes of others away from you.

TALVeilsandMist.jpg

Spolier vision: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lush...ALVeilsmist.jpg

In the Bottle
I was hoping that this was the entirely captivating scent coming from my shelves. And lo and behold...it was.
On
I'm annointing a lavender colored candle with this for some color work, and also dabbing some on my skin.
There's got to be jasmine, stargazer lily or some floral like that in here, it's got fabulous throw.
It starts out smelling of like green grass, carnation, jasmine, lavender ....maybe not lavender on second thought. It smells purple, light purple.
30 minutes
At about 10 minutes it goes from a softer floral scent to a stronger but still a lovely, sweet floral with a fresh scent to it and incredible throw. I also smell lotus in there or *tries to remember the single note review wherein I discovered it's not lotus but something that I always thought was lotus* well that's in here too whatever it is. It's a vageuly earthy or mushroomy/earthy smell that is underneath the sweet floral now.
Throw:
Holy mother of God.
Scent category:
Floral/?
Summary
It starts out lovely so lovely, and as it dries it gives me a headache. It's almost too something now, scent-wise. I will say that "work" wise it's breaking through some veils most definitely. It's quite powerful in that sense for those of you who like to pierce the veil and communicate.
Purchase again?
Yes. Most definitely works.
1-5 rating (5 being best)
3.5 for scent
11 for work-a-bility
Whew. I cannot use Veil & Mists...and then drive or operate heavy machinery.

Edited to add description - clover

In the Bottle: Fresh cut green grass and lilies.

On: a heady perfume floral. The clean grass smell disappears and a drier, almost musty scent comes through. There is a hint of soapiness to this, but only a hint. The lily predominates - it reminds me a bit of a vase of dried flowers actually. Very strong with a lot of throw. Is more "prefume-y" than many of the TAL's I have tried.

I don't have a magical or ritual use discription. I am guessing it is for focusing or centering when calling on a higher power. Or for clarity in seeing threw the veil.

Veils & Mist has a really gorgeous fragrance to it. It smells like a bouquet of real lilies, but it's a spicier floral than most of the lily blends that I've smelled, not as soft and subdued as usual. It also has a misty, fresh, watery quality to it. I'm really enjoying it as a perfume, though it's not something that I would typically wear (I'm not a perfumey floral lover).

Anyhow. I wore this the other night when I was really upset about something, but didn't want to talk about it. Whenever I'm upset and on the verge of crying, a few people in my family follow me around and keep asking me what's wrong... even if I say that I'm not talking about it. I pretty much just wanted everyone to ignore me.

Strangely, Veils & Mist seemed to attract my family members, as everyone in my house complimented me on the 'new perfume.' But they didn't notice that I was upset, and didn't ask me any questions. Maybe Veils & Mist's charm is that it smells so nice that people notice it and not the person wearing it, lol.

Veils and Mist is the first TAL oil that I've tried.

The reason I wanted to get it was so I could 'fade into the woodwork' at work and stay out of all the corporate BS and office politics.

I took it for a test drive yesterday. When I got to work, it was quiet and nobody in my department was around, so I took the imp from my purse and focused on being able to go about my own business and just get my job done without all the unneccesary petty crap that I normally get a heaping helping of every day. I annointed myself with the oil - which is (bonus!) a gorgeous floral scent that is very much something I would choose to wear as fragrance - and let me just tell you, I was amazed.

The rest of the day, I got more work done than usual - I had only a handful of calls all day and they ALL pertained to matters that I needed to deal with for the course of my job. I got not ONE call from the customer service dept. or sales, who only ever call because they tend to panick and call me for the answer instead of look up the information that I update in the computer.

I'm telling you, it almost felt like a vacation! I walked out at the end of the day feeling no stress from all the aggravation I normally have trying to navigate my way through everybody else's drama.

It was truly remarkable.

I won't over-use this oil, because my personal outlook is to use magical assistance as sparingly as possible, but now that I've experience what this oil is capable of doing - I'm pretty jazzed that I have something like this in my cache of potions!

I haven't tried this for its veiling purpose yet. I got it because I wanted to have it my TAL arsenal for when I needed it. I had a reason I thought I might need it, but then against that course of action, so I am reviewing it now for scent only.

This is a gorgeous scent, which I didn't expect at all. It is a floral, and I agree that it is quite likely a lily of some sort--it has that lily headiness with a scent that I associate with the fleshiness of the lily's petals. (I can't explain that, but that is my impression).

It is a cool lily with a bit of spice, and their is something slightly acquatic about it. Even though it is a floral, it does bring to mind mist or clouds.

I'm glad I have this, and find the scent very appealing, so when I need it, I think I will enjoy wearing it.

I'll agree that the scent is gorgeous -- it's a powdery light floral. If jasmine of doom is in here, I can't smell it, which makes me happy -- I didn't wear this as perfume, but jasmine gives me a headache generally, which would throw a wrench into working with the oil. And I do think that this is one of the TALs that you could wear on your person with good results. It seems like a sensible application to me, at any rate.

I dressed a candle with my decanted imp of Veils and Mist tonight and had an extremely powerful meditation, which is not the norm for me. It became clear to me during the course of it that I'm at a point in my life when this is something that I need and would benefit from very much.

I'm sorry to be so cryptic. It's just pretty personal.

I'd been planning out a TAL order, but it never occurred to me to consider this oil before I felt a need to use it tonight. Now I know that I need to order a bottle.

Edited by Electra

This smells really nice--like lilies and maybe moonflower? It's very light and slightly powdery.

I put a bit on this morning and almost immediately had a hell of a time getting my lipstick on straight. Not exactly the shielding I was going for, but amusing. I then had 3 people nearly collide with me on the sidewalk on the way to work. Better be careful with this one as it seems to work quickly.

Green grass, lilies. And probably some moonflower and jasmine. It's very floral and powdery on wet, but as it dries, it dries to a very watery soapy floral. It's very soothing scent wise.

I'll edit this post with the effects later.

This review is going to be a shameless testimonial, because Veils and Mist totally works.

I'll start by saying it also smells lovely. I want a BPAL that smells like this too, because it's a super pretty aquatic floral, I think mostly water lily. Putting that together with the "Mist" in the name, I think it might be an Avalon thing.

My first experience with V&M was a while back when the vial itself sneakily hid from me--I'd transferred all my TAL to a new box, was sure I'd gotten them all out of the previous box, and months later realized V&M was still hiding in there! :laugh:

But on to what I did with it. I wanted this vintage dress from Etsy, and I couldn't afford it yet. Obviously, being vintage, it was one of a kind, and once it was gone, it would be gone. I was sitting there thinking, "Huh, I wish I knew some magic to hide it till I can afford it," and then I was like "...Wait, I have Veils and Mist."

A couple of rules I set for myself:

• I had to put something in the petition to keep the seller's business from suffering while I was mojo-ing the dress. So I added in a line about redirecting other people's eyes to different things she was selling.
  • Also to keep from harming the seller's business, if I did this working, I was absolutely committing myself to buying the dress if it was still there on payday. No takesie-backsies.
  • I wanted to avoid looking back at the listing as much as possible. Partly, this was practical--I was worried that every time I looked at the listing, Etsy's algorithm would bump it. But it also seemed like a good superstitious thing to do. Trust that the spell is working, and don't look back at it every minute! As it turned out, I only looked back at the listing once after I started the working, and that was because it occurred to me to print the listing and put it with my candle.

It was about ten days. I got a gray candle, and every day, I would anoint the candle with V&M and burn it for an hour. I improvised the words I said, but by the end, they'd gotten pretty consistent. It was something like this: "May the mists surround the X dress being sold by Y. May the eyes of others glance away from the X dress. May the eyes of others fall upon the other wares of Y. May the X dress wait in the mists until I come to buy it on (Date). So mote it be."

Today was payday, and overnight I kept dreaming about it. I had one dream where it was still available, and one where it was already sold. I woke up at about 3am and I just had to know. So I fired up the laptop, first checked to see if my direct deposit had landed (it had), and then checked the dress listing.

And now it is coming to me. :biggrin: Thank you, Veils and Mist!