Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
oakmoss

Attuning

[i don't have the lab description for this blend -- I'll add it when I can get it.]

Makes you more sensitive to the emotional, spiritual and non-corporeal presences in an area. Attunes you to the vibratory qualities of a place or object. Particularly effective in developing psychometry.

In the bottle, this is a rather sharp floral, with notes that my nose identifies as pale rose and ylang-ylang, and maybe a bit of cedar or some other wood to sharpen it up a smidgen. On my skin, it warms with a faint orange underneath, making the floral notes mellow without going powdery. (I'm actually one of those people who like the powdery blends, but this oil is juicier, more fruity.) A very wearable perfume.

I use this blend when I'm doing tarot readings for people at a distance, to help me attune to their concerns and their energy over the miles. I also use it when answering email from my correspondence program students. The sense of attuning works in two ways -- first, attuning to the object of focus, such as the student or tarot client, and then attuning in the more cosmic sense, getting in alignment with sacred energy and deeper wisdom. I can recommend this blend on both accounts, to be worn on the skin rather than used in the bottle as an aromatherapy sniffer. The alchemy with my own energy and chemistry seems to be an important part of the magical brew. When I smell Attuning on my wrist, I feel my eyes opening wider, seeing more, seeing farther, and my sixth chakra third eye opening too. A powerful and pleasant perfume blend!

Added description. --Shollin

Edited by Shollin

This is going to be a primarily scent-based review... just because what I used this blend for is very personal to me. It was very helpful to me for its purpose. Good enough to be full bottle worthy.

Attuning smells like powdery-sweet lavender flowers and an assortment of other wildflowers on me. I hate floral scents, but this has more of an herbal quality to it then an outright flowery one. It makes me think of being in a field of wildflowers, surrounded by clean air.

I love the scent and I love working with this one. :P

Attuning - I wasn’t quite sure how to use this scent, so I applied a tiny dab to my temples in the morning before what I anticipated would be a very hectic day at work. All day long, I managed to stay on top of everything I had to do, and I didn’t have any monkey-wrenches thrown in the middle of my projects (like I usually do on hectic days like that one). I don’t know if it was the Attuning helping me “tune in” to what I needed to do and how to get it done quickly and without difficulty, but it was a really productive day and I felt really on top of things – exactly the experience I was hoping for when trying Attuning. As for the scent, it’s hard to say. It’s a very soft floral and I’m pretty sure the main note is lavender, but it seems like there are also other soft florals in it that I can’t identify.

This one's nearly all mint on me, but the mint isn't sharp and cold. There's something lingering underneath that softens and warms the blend. With wear, it goes a little more floral. The oil has the effect of focusing the mind and relaxing the senses, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a LOT of use out of this one. So glad I have a bottle.

I can tell you that this oil smells vaguely of lavender, with a sharper edge to it.

I haven't used it as perfume, however.

I have used it to anoint the deck of tarot cards that I use for daily reflection (the Buddha Tarot), an oracle deck that I designed myself and use for personal readings and some readings for others, and a gold "Om" pendant that I found in a parking lot and now wear almost every day (when the universe says "om" to me, I figure I should listen). My ritual, such as it was, was to apply a touch of the oil very lightly with the intent that I attune these instruments to me.

I felt fairly attuned to these items in the first place, but since the anointing I have been getting really deep readings out of the Buddha Tarot.

Over time I will probably anoint all my decks that I use as reading decks.

Anointing: the scent to me is mainly lavendar.

I use it mainly at night when I want to feel the energies in the darkness. When I want to be attuned to the spirits.

It works really well.

I like to apply TALs to my third eye when working with specific intent or energy. Attuning, however, is one I've had to try to find alternative uses for, as it burns my skin and distracts me from meditation and energy work.

It's not a very effective blend for me, but I tend to be very dense and obtuse. It does help tune me into my own instincts and intuition, though sadly I don't listen to either very well.

attuning was a TAL that I was gifted, it wasnt one that I wouldve picked out on my own... funny though its the one that I've been reaching for alot lately...

scent-wise it is gorgeous, its sharp lavender but it softens beautifully, I would be happy to wear this as a scent alone... but in dream-work Ive found this to be very effective when asking for answers to problems that are being difficult.. even if I dont fully remember the dream I always wake with peace and resolve to do whatever needs to be done in the situation.

I really love attuning in all its facets.