Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ShadowAngel

Turn around time

I Paypal'ed an order to the Lab on 3/25. I haven't heard anything and there's no sign of the package. Should I be worried?

No. They haven't posted a notice that they are "Shipped Through 3/25," so they can still be working on orders from 3/25.

How often is the shipped through thread updated? It looks like it's been a good while since anyone has gotten around to it.

How often is the shipped through thread updated? It looks like it's been a good while since anyone has gotten around to it.

When they're shipped through a definite date, I guess...additionally, I remember one of the Lab folks saying that posting a "Shipped Through" notice adds to the amount of email correspondence they get because more people want to inquire about their orders...

Instead of bugging your landlady, you can just be an obsessive nut like me and check this thread every day:

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=13454&st=300

I thread lets you know who has gotten click-n-ships for their orders and what date they placed the original order. Then you have a rough estimate of which orders are currently shipping. If you look in that thread, the March 25 through April 1st orders are currently shipping.

Hey, thanks, Mnemosyne!

And OMG only early April orders shipped so far--whoooo, gonna be a while on mine. Oh, well, I can spend that time figuring out what to get next, preferably for autumn. I've never smelled any BPAL stuff before, but this many people can't be wrong...

Where is my spanish order 4/13 (The empress, The justice, the temperance and Nuit) ? :P

I think not forgotten or lost... I want to be optimistic! :D

Where is my spanish order 4/13 (The empress, The justice, the temperance and Nuit) ?   :P

I think not forgotten or lost... I want to be optimistic! :D

It currently appears to be taking 8-10 weeks for orders to be filled. And internationals can take a bit longer.

Check the "Click-n-ship" and "I got my order!" threads - everyone's pretty good about saying when they ordered and when they recieved their stuff. It seems they're working through April right now. Be patient. :D

If you think it's lost, email the lab's customer service dept. Here's the post from Brian about their progress:

"However there are some orders as far back as 4-1 that are being held up by

some certain oils and we will ship them out as soon as we are able.

((snipped))

Thanks for your understanding.

- Brian "

Edited by evanesce

Just curious -- what's the fastest anyone's ever gotten their order?

I've noticed turnaround time (from date of order, to date of package arrival) seems to be exactly two months right now. I recall an order I placed last year, before I was really "into" BPAL, took six weeks.

Do you think orders arrive more quickly when they're "regular" orders, not orders during a full moon or 24-hour LE? Yes, I know this is probably just wishful thinking on my part. I'm an eager newbie with two orders out, placed in the last two weeks. Guess I better develop some patience, huh? :P

Do you think orders arrive more quickly when they're "regular" orders, not orders during a full moon or 24-hour LE? Yes, I know this is probably just wishful thinking on my part. I'm an eager newbie with two orders out, placed in the last two weeks. Guess I better develop some patience, huh?  :P

Right now all orders, regardless of whether they are catalog only or LE take the same length of time. The lab is working as hard as they possibly can to get the turnaround shortened, but it's not going to be easy considering the constant influx of new customers.

They are doing a remarkable job. It seems CnS are rolling out faster and faster. Which may be because there were so many wonderful updates ( I think I ordered something on every one!). I'm thrilled to see 13 orders rolling out already!

Just curious -- what's the fastest anyone's ever gotten their order?

the fastest order i've ever had took 10 days, from ordering late at night (and including that night) to recieving. and there were two weekends in those 10 days, otherwise it would have taken a wee bit less :P

of course, this was in 2003 :D

I'm hoping Beth can do something to streamline operations so that her brain doesn't go *pop* from all the stress of tons of new customers+mucho orders+only a few labbies to help :D

I don't mind waiting a while, because I get most of my BPAL satisfaction from swapping, but I'm worried about explody Beth brains going everywhere :P so any mods who've talked to her lately...is she doing ok?? (besides the working long hours, and stress...any good news on her end?)

Nope. She's stressed out and overworked, and coming in after all the lab folk have gone home so she can work until 3am in the morning or so mixing up the blends.

That said, I'm hoping that things will be calming down for Beth Real. Soon. Now.

Nope. She's stressed out and overworked, and coming in after all the lab folk have gone home so she can work until 3am in the morning or so mixing up the blends.

That said, I'm hoping that things will be calming down for Beth Real. Soon. Now.

:P :D

Makes me wish I lived in Cali and could go over and volunteer my help!!

I'm thinking the best way I could help is to be patient :P - not one of my strong traits but her oils are more than worth it - if I lived anywhere near her I would most certainly offer my time.

I hope this is the right place to ask this question:

I was reading the website which says all orders are blended on demand, which I can understand.

What about imps? SURELY the divine BPAL alchemists don't mix up just enough oil to fill an imp (and if they do, goddess bless their wee souls!).

If I order a mess of imps, will I have to wait until there is enough oil amassed to fill them?

Whatever you order it should take about 6-8 weeks (21-45 business days, according to the site) from the time your order is placed to the time you receive it, but it appears that the only thing that would hold an order up longer than that is if an ingredient runs out and has to be replenished (as happens from time to time) as happened recently with at least one Springtime in Arkham scent. Last time I saw a post about how things work there I seem to remember reading that the oils themselves are mixed in batches. In other words, from what I've read here I don't get the impression that a batch would have to be mixed for each separate imp. :P

I'm speaking solely from my recollection of past posts though so I would certainly defer to anyone who actually knows what they're talking about if they want to clarify it further!

Whatever you order it should take about 6-8 weeks (21-45 business days, according to the site) from the time your order is placed to the time you receive it,

Whoo...my orders have been coming MUCH quicker than that, so color me grateful. I'm in California, too, so that's probably part of it.

Last time I saw a post about how things work there I seem to remember reading that the oils themselves are mixed in batches.  In other words, from what I've read here I don't get the impression that a batch would have to be mixed for each separate imp. :P

That makes more sense. If my chemistry experience taught me anything, it's that mixing things in extremely small batches or extremely large ones equals an enormous varience in product quality. I'm positive the people at the Lab know this and plan accordingly.

I mostly buy imps (like my oils superfresh with a wide variety), and was hoping that wasn't putting anyone out by doing so.

Depends....if you paid with Paypal, right away. If you paid through CCnow, it could be several weeks, even a month, after you placed the order.

Depends....if you paid with Paypal, right away. If you paid through CCnow, it could be several weeks, even a month, after you placed the order.

Thanks. :P

I feel like everything's passing me by! I should have waited the three days to get the PayPal account set up instead of ordering through CCnow... oh well, it's a dead goose already. I'm hoping it doesn't take the full 45 days to get out of the lab, but I can wait. I have Spooky and The Star at home to sniff like mad with some more swapped goodies on the way.