Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with sandalwood and orris.

Fantastic pumkpin bread. Turns creamy, then settles happily into dusty-pumpkin that surrounds me. Nom.

What could be better than dry dusty sandalwood and orris root alongside creamy, spicy pumpkin.

This scent is so comforting, and extremely relaxing. The pumpkin takes backstage to the other two notes, & while I do love pumpkin, I also adore sandalwood and orris root. This is one of my most coveted pumpkin blends.

Maybe since this is aged it's morphed a bit however now smells like sweet leather! Not even a drop of pumpkin can be perceived really.. strange!

I got this 2005 bottle of Pumpkin Patch IV from a friend, who let me pick out two BPALs from her huge swap/sale stash as a birthday present. The buttery pumpkin smell is strong in the bottle and while it's drying down, but a sandalwood warmth blooms over time and blends gorgeously with the pumpkin.

I only have one other scent with orris in it and I'm still not totally sure what it smells like -- this one is so well blended that I can't really pick it out and the other, Smoky Moon 2012, has too many notes for my relatively inexperienced nose to find the orris -- but I've read that it's like iris. Right now I can't remember what that smells like because I apparently just haven't smelled that many irises. It seems to be one of those notes that can easily become too overwhelming for me to wear, because I've been trying to narrow down what it is about Smoky Moon 2012 that does the same thing. As much as I've loved wearing this on two other occasions, when I reapplied it a little bit ago it started to give me head pains and a slightly sick feeling, so I think it's one that I won't be able to reapply when it wears off. As long as I don't do that, it seems to play nicely with my fragrance sensitivities.

Speaking of reapplying, this does have good lasting power. I had been wearing it for about six hours and it was nearly completely faded when I decided to put on just a little more. It's got decent throw.

This is incredibly smooth, warm, and comforting (at least when I put it on the first time -- it was going so well until I did that). I think it's going to be perfect in cooler weather. I don't think I'd be able to wear it out in the heat of summer, but I'm staying indoors on this hot day when I'm reviewing it.

Edited by boomtownrat