Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Updating the FAQ.

Hi Beth,

The links for emailing regarding international shipping quotes point to the papow address.

Also, would it be possible / practical to have an email address purely for shipping quotes and perhaps a separate one for queries?

Maybe a mention of the search engine and using the forum for information, queries etc? I know they are on the main menu, but people *might* read faqs more carefully.

Pam.

Hi Beth,

The links for emailing regarding international shipping quotes point to the papow address.

Also, would it be possible / practical to have an email address purely for shipping quotes and perhaps a separate one for queries?

Maybe a mention of the search engine and using the forum for information, queries etc? I know they are on the main menu, but people *might* read faqs more carefully.

Pam.

Your wish is my command, P. =) Those are all excellent points.

I know there's been some confusion over the fact that the Paypal address is a papow.com one, but emails have to be sent to blackphoenixalchemylab.com because the papow.com addresses don't work for actual correspondence. Maybe if the FAQ could clarify that a little it would be helpful. :P

Under the forms of payment section on your FAQ's it states

"Can I pay by check or money order?

Yes, you certainly may. Please keep in mind, however...

Send the payment off – along with a completed order form – to..."

I was wondering about the "order form". Do you have a specific on in mind that you'd like us to use?

This may not be a frequently asked question, but I thought this might be a place I could have it addressed.

Forms of payment...Would you accept an American Express Gift Cheque as payment? The AMEX site states that they are acceptable anywhere cash is accepted. I get them as gifts now and again and I'm going to want to spend them on your gorgeous creations, Beth!!!

Thanks, Beth.

It would also be helpful to have a link to the forum, especially the announcement section, in the FAQ so that newbies know to check here for shipping updates and other info.

i know you've mentioned it before as something that might be happening (or maybe i've gone insane and made that up), but maybe scent families (small description of what they are, and examples of perfumes that are in each)..

(and if you didn't see the bpal tshirt thread over in bpal chatter, you should take a look :P)

Can we add something stating what the order-filling process is? I see a lot of people confused about the whole CCNow shipping date thing .. and it seems to cause a lot of frustration.

Or would that just be silly, since you're dropping them soon?

*nips* TygHer. *wink*

I thought as much. I just see that question all the time. Though .. something that lets newbies know what to expect as far as shipping .. maybe a stickied post here, even?

Dunno .. just see the same question all the time .. *shrugs*

Ooooh, and to add to that, you can also regulate what people put into subject lines. Say, for example, those who want recommendations would put "request for perfume recommendation" as subject etc. That way when you d/l mail it'll all automatically sort itself into relevant folders (assuming that you get you email through a client and not web mail of course). Actually, I don't know if it's a good idea or how useful it is, but it might make things easier when it comes to sorting out mail. :P

She'd have to have her email client set up to filter her mail .. which wouldn't be overly hard, but that would be a good thing. I second the vote for a 'Suggested subject lines when emailing us' section.

I think by the time the new FAQ would be put up, CCNow'll be dropped Tyger!

We're going to see our accountant [the one who bailed me out of my tax mess this year] on Thursday. Basically he's going to help us figure out how to switch from CcNow with minimal grief, and he's going to help me see if its at all feasable for me to quit my day job so I can do the Lab full time.

Here's hopin', right? =P

The new FAQ is about 75% done. If all goes well, the update can go live tomorrow night.

We're going to see our accountant [the one who bailed me out of my tax mess this year] on Thursday. Basically he's going to help us figure out how to switch from CcNow with minimal grief, and he's going to help me see if its at all feasable for me to quit my day job so I can do the Lab full time.

Here's hopin', right? =P

That would seriously ROCK, Beth. :P I'll keep some spare appendages crossed for you!

Sending lots of positive energy your way so the CCNow change goes well AND so you can quit your day job so you don't have to stress out and can do what you are so, so good at :P

Good luck Beth. I think it's time the goodness of the universe starts coming your way! I hope all goes well with the accountant and I'm REALLY looking foward to the update. It looks like this one will be even more unique than usual!

Hang in there!!!

Oh Beth, that would be wonderful.

Here's hoping it all works out for you.

Loads of Luck, positive thoughts and I'll cross everything. :P

I think by the time the new FAQ would be put up, CCNow'll be dropped Tyger!

Here's hopin', right? =P

The new FAQ is about 75% done. If all goes well, the update can go live tomorrow night.

Just wanted to add... GOOD FREAKIN' LUCK! I hope you will be able to do what you love full-time, because it feels great to quit putting your dreams second in line. We will all be here with our credit cards to make sure it is a success for you! I, too, will have appendages crossed in your favor.

Oh, yeah... workin' at home... barefoot, eating bonbons... in the bubble bath, watchin' the soap operas... (it's only like that for the first 3 days, though.)

YAY, BETH! i *do* hope that you will be able to quit at the theater, and do what you love and do best - blend OILS!!!!!!!!!!! please, update us when you can - i'll be sending all sorts of good biz' karma out to you!

Nice!

Running the lab full time would be the best thing which could happen for you.

Hopefully your accountant can point you towards some business grants and so forth, try looking at your city councils website to see if they have anything which could apply to you.

:P

Edited by Astarte

Yay, Elizabeth! Good luck with the accountant. It would be wonderful if you could spend your days doing what you love.

Hi Beth,

Pray tell how to go about doing [money orders] the most cost-effective way for BPAL.

Am exhausting all avenues to buy from Malaysia.

Thanks.

Vanilla

[merged with relevant topic ~qs]