Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Malista

Pannychis

An attendant of the Goddess Venus. She presides over nocturnal pleasure, nighttime festivities, and all the joy and delight that can be found in the darkness. In later ages, it became the name of the all-night festival that closed the Eleusinian Mysteries. Night-blooming jasmine, moonflower, cardamom, sandalwood, black currant, ylang ylang, frankincense and lily.

I was given an aged imp of this by a friend who's been into BPAL far longer than I have. It was one of my first times I encountered a frankincense that I didn't hate, and I've since learned that in the right blends (in small amounts with things that balance it for me), it can work for me.

On the skin, this is a very jasmine and lily forward scent for me. This is a good thing, as those are both flowers I love, and they tend to smell rich and nectary with my skin chemistry. This is no exception. The moonflower and ylang ylang are definitely in the background of the beautiful white florals on my skin, but they are playing their part, and the overall floral blend lends itself to a sweet nectary-spice floral that I love. The cardamom gently amps up the spice, and as one of my favorite spices, it definitely also holds up its part of the scent.

Black currant has been much louder on me in other scents, and it's another note that tends to play well with my skin and nose. Here, it's a gentle jammy-juicy dark undertone that helps ground the scent along with the even gentler woody-resinous notes from the sandalwood and frankincense.

It's a deep, complex, rich scent that is mostly powered by the spicy and nectary white florals. I'm sad that it's a discontinued scent because this would definitely factor into what I'd consider for full bottles if it wasn't!

Edited by ShadowEtienne
adding description

Pannychis is mostly about the jasmine and moonflower on me, although I can smell the ylang ylang and lily as well. This imp is super aged (like, the old flag label art with the witch on the back), so that could be why I'm not getting much in the way of cardamom, resins, or black currant. It's definitely one for fans of night-blooming flowers.