Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Violet

The sweet, perfect violet note in Veil, Wings of Azrael, Marie, and other wonderful creations by Beth.

Soooo good!

You can't add much to reviews on single notes, so I will agree with jj_j and say this is a lovely, light, innocent violet.

at first: violet, but with something herbal underneath.

on: smells like...parsley? there's violet there, too, but...weird. it also has the almost-cloying nature of violet.

1.5 hours later: why is this so weird on me? i'm getting something salty now. sigh...

3 hours later: now, it's soapy. i think i may have to mix this with something sweet in order for it to work on me.

overall: the jury is still out on this one. i guess i'm better off with violet blends at the moment.

The plain scent of violet, with its touch of green and its touch of sweetness.

It's tender and lovely, enough said.

Edited by quimerula

I really need to stop playing around with the single notes. It makes me so depressed that they're no longer available for purchase. I, the floral hater, completely love violet single note. It's ever so slightly powdery, but it's mostly the best floral that I've ever tried before in my life. Perfect scent of bruised little flowers. They smell dark yet innocent. The troubled child of the floral world. This would be my ultimate girlie perfume if I could get more of it. Girlie with a sad edge. Or maybe I'm just sad because I'm almost out of this lovely fragrance.

Edited by Blood onmy hands

Bottle (Imp): It smells like violets.

Just On: A sweet violet.

An hour or two later: This is such a lovely violet scent. I always thought I like violets, and I guess I'm right, and this is pretty true.

Around 6 hours: It's starting to fade, but I can still smell sweet, powdery violets.

12 hours: Now it's gone.

Overall: I think I'm going to have to hoard this imp, because I'm loving on this.

After reading other reviews: Yep, not much more to add, except this is awesome.

Well, since I am about to part with all of my much sought after and hard won Single Notes from BPAL, I thought that before they go, I would do some reviews.

Imp: Tarted, won in Ebay auction

Mmmm...this Violet brings back such happy memories for me! :-)

My maternal Grandmother was English, and she would return to visit England every few years. When she would come home, she would always bring us grandchildren back three very important items! One was hard rock candy, long and bright pink! The second was candy mice, sugary goodness! And the third was this wonderful Violet perfume, held in tiny little bottles with a picture of violets on the front. I was almost too scared to use it, as I may never get another, so I would just open it up in my bedroom and inhale the aroma. Ahhh... I now tend to do the same things with the BPAL Le's. :P

This Violet is sweet and innocent and ready for play! I am sure whomever it is passed on to will create wonderful memories of their own, while wearing (or sniffing!) it. :-)

Single Note: Violet - Violet is one of my favorite floral scents and I can't seem to find enough BPAL scents that have violet in it that I actually like and would wear, so I was just thrilled to come upon this imp of Violet SN. The violet is sweet, deep, and murky -- exactly the way violet should smell. It's gorgeous and while I probably won't wear it on its own as a single note, I may use it to make some of my favorite BPAL scents with violet (e.g., Faustus, The Raven) just a tad bit more violet. On its own, the throw is light and it only lasts about 3 hours on my skin. By hour 4, I can't detect it in the least.

I'm very happy to have a bottle of BPAL's wonderful single-note Violet. It's very sweet and girly-smelling and quite long-lasting. If you're at all partial to sweet/chocolate scents, I highly recommend blending it with Bliss. Milk chocolate roses -- mmm...

This is not the Violet I remember from childhood. Like Lori, I had some beautiful Violet perfume as a kid, and mine smelled like the petals and the leaves. This one is simple and sweet at first, but becomes powdery, powdery, powdery on my skin, no green like I'd expect. Not the one for me!

In the bottle I get jasmine, like 90% jasmine, with a little hint of violet.

On my skin, the violet comes out, but there's still some jasmine - upon drying, it's maybe 80% violet and 20% jasmine. This makes it a very rich, slightly heady, classic feminine scent. It's a little old ladyish, but only faintly powdery. It feels very violet-hued in feel, or mauve-ish. The violet actually comes out more over time and the jasmine fades. There's a soft sweetness, a bit of green freshness, but mostly velvety soft feminine floral. It's much nicer than I expected, with good throw and longevity.

Rich, heady classically feminine violet. Which on me turns a bit powdery. But its a powdery, white floral that puts me in mind of violet pastiles, slighly soapy, and a tinge of iris.

There's a 'old lady'/comforting aspect to this single note.