Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Bloodlust

I have an imp of this. Smells herbal. I can faintly smell the essence of dragons blood, almost like I'm burning some. The cinnamon is very gentle too which I love. The red musk & patchouli blend kind of powdery. So this is a shifter. & I do think I'll be ordering a bottle.

I have an imp of this and its age is unknown.

Wet: I immediately get patchouli, a little hint of dragon's blood, and the tiniest hint of cinnamon. Patchouli is just so overwhelming, like cedar. I'm usually a fan of red musk blends, and I can imagine that being really interesting with a heavier cinnamon note.

Drying: Ooooo the cinnamon is coming out to play! There's some spiciness. The dragon's blood seems to be challenging the patchouli as well. We are a spicy and dry blend without much sweetness.

Wet: Dry patchouli, almost leathery. A soft red musk is present too.

Drydown: Red, earthy, dry, and soft. It has a yearning, lusty feeling indeed. There's a little bit of sweetness to it that must be coming from the cinnamon, though I'm not really picking up on it directly. A touch of the floral aspect of dragon's blood is coming through too.

Dry: Gah, I really like this, but it also really reminds me of my ex, who wore Dragon's Hide a lot. It's softer and prettier than Dragon's Hide (and quite sexy), but I can't get over the scent memory issue. A little too reminiscent, but an absolutely beautiful scent.

8 out of 10 bones

Today’s imp drawing was Bloodlust and I have to admit I was really excited for this one! So far my random imps have been kind of subdued and I was ready for one with some bite. 

In the imp: since I’m really not familiar with either dragon’s blood or vetiver I’m not sure what it is that I’m smelling, but it’s dark and green and powerful. Slightly sweet, but just dark and powerful and evergreeny. 

Wet: looking up the vetiver scent description and I think that’s what I’m picking up on. Along with something patchouli-adjacent, but it might just be a different patch than the single not I know and try to steer clear of. A little bit of dark florals, and something kinda root beery, but like real root beer, not the basic A&W stuff. Like if I found some little general store butted right up against the woods somewhere that sells an unauthorized, family recipe root beer. 

So far no primal rage or lust, but I really want to try that root beer. 

Dry down: a little powdery, still a bit musky, way less root beer, and now mainly smells like the delicious bark of some unidentifiable tree that I want to nibble on. I won’t, because I don’t know if it will kill me, but I keep asking myself “Surely one little taste won’t hurt, will it?”

Well, hello there vanilla! I know it’s not a listed note but suddenly this is a strong, rich, grown up vanilla. No frosting or anything candyish, just sexy vanilla (a phrase I never thought I’d use) mixed with some lightly spiced musk/incense. I ADORE this. Dammit, I don’t know whether to be sad or relieved that it’s out of stock. 

Edited by AbbyNormal