Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Flower Moon 2005

... Flower Moon embodies the unrestrained bliss, energy and color of the season: a bouquet of vivid, sexy blooms… tulip, daffodil, violet, dewdrop, rhododendron, iris, daisy, and a mix of California wildflowers.

Oh, this is such a lovely Moon! Pure springtime in a bottle, and I could smell it forever. It makes me sad to realize I only have a partial bottle of this, because this has moved to the top 3 of my favorite Lunacies. :P

In the imp: lovely daffofils, lovely tulips, lovely flowers. I feel refreshed just sniffing this oil

Wet on skin: just as lovely and refreshing, but more intense. There is no overwhelming sweetness, which can happen sometimes with blends which are floral notes only.

Dry: The floral notes in this blend are absolutely amazing. Usually my favorite florals are those with at least some rose notes, if not rose-based. This spring bouquet is exquisite lovely, and it the perfect sleeping Lunacy for these coming spring months. I will use this as my Vernal Equinox scent!

Verdict: Pry this from my cold dead fingers -- if you can. :D

It’s taken an awful long time for me to be able to get any sense of smell back. I have been sick for over a week..and I can’t stress enough how much I am grateful to have the sense of smell. It really sucks when you can’t smell anything…fragrance is really a wonderful thing to experience and enjoy.

SO…despite me not being able to smell I had to wear my BPAL. It ended up being Flower Moon. Although I had a pretty good idea with what I wanted to say about it, I suspected I needed a couple more days; little did I know that it would end up over a week.

So..here it goes…and I am glad it does..for I am looking forward to trying a couple more new fragrances.

One more thing..I have had Flower Moon for almost 2 years..and I hoarded my bottle till the time was right…so again..here it goes. I want to say though..I still have some residual coughing and congestion from the cold..so I will do the best I can.

Initial sniff from bottle: Sweet flowers…they aren’t roses or anyting like that either…most definitely a huge wet bouquet of flowers…spring flowers..I get the sense of spring bouquet interspersed with the traditional lunar oils that sometimes appear in the composition of lunacies. If you don’t like florals you may scoff at it at this point..but I was willing to push through.

Applied wet on skin:Ohh..it’s a cornucopia of those spring flowers..maybe wildflowers..definitely can smell the tulip and daffodil..I wonder if the dewdrop is the culprit that lends the “wet” quality to this floral. This isn’t an innocent floral nor a drop dead sexy floral like Black Dahlia..but it does have some presence ..at least at this stage and it flirts with an unapologetic waft.

Couple of minutes on skin: I kind of have to agree…at some points..this seems such a sweet floral it almost borders on a touch of fruity….but what I also get is almost a citrus like note in the back..I can’t quite put my finger on the note..but it is there. The throw is soft.

Ten minutes later: It’s softened considerably…but it still retains the dewy, floral, slightly fruity/citrus twang in the back.

Thirty minutes later: Wait…where are you Flower Moon??? Why did u decide to leave the party??? :P

Drydown: Faint floral..and only if I sniff furtively…darn. :D

For whatever reason, my skin eats up Flower Moon. I have tried layering it over body creams or even over other fragrances to anchor it a bit more but I have had limited success.

Lasting power is 1-3 hours if I am lucky and throw is indeed soft.

Bottom Line: Flower Moon evokes springtime in a very lunar fashion…with the dewy and almost fruity tones floating over the huge spring bouqet. I have Aeval, Beltane, and Sundew…although these also scream spring to me Flower Moon is still different enough to warrant having it around. Unfortunately I can’t seem to hold the fragrance very long on me so I will have to decide to either live with it’s etherealness or hand it off to someone who can get more mileage out of it…scent-wise that is.

I bought a bottle of this because although I'm not a floral person, I do like the scent of spring flowers and wildflowers. I like their soft scent, rather than the full heady scent of summer blooms.

Well, the first time I tried it on I just thought it was too floral for me after all, so I stuck it in the back of my BPAL box, where it has remained, forgotten, for months.

Recently I decided to put it on my sales post, so I thought I'd better test it again and write a review before it flies off to a new home.

Guess what it smells like this time?

MELON.

It smells like a less-bright version of Fee, with a floral overtone. I tried it twice, and there's no mistaking it; it definitely smells like melon on me. Now it's a gorgeous and wonderful summertime scent, and it's not on my sales post. :P

Flower Moon is a very beautiful spring floral. If it wasn't a Lunacy scent it could have been called Spring Fling - like a Spring fling, it's short-lived, but sweet. (There's also that bit about "unrestrained bliss" & energy. *wink, nudge* Plus, there's the reference to "sexy blooms". So there ya go. :P )

I noticed violets, irises, daffodils, and tulips. The violets don't dominate, but they don't take a backseat either. I like violets a lot, so that's good by me. It feels like a creamy purple or a purple/cream.

A wonderful blend!

Very sweet floral in the imp- I get a lot of iris. It's a lot greener on the skin, with the tulip dominating. The endnote starts out very sugary, and morphs into a powder. Ends up pretty subtle.

Flower Moon

Bright, youthful florals that have a sweet, yet clean, quality to them. This is refreshing and vibrant, feminine and fun. But, the more I wear this, something about it strikes me as being an expensive spray perfume at a large department store.

[3 - Like] I like, but I think it might be too strong for me.

For once I agree with the description - it is a bouquet of vivid, sexy blooms when it's wet. As it dries, it has medium throw and smells predominately of iris, daffodils and maybe a little violet. I have no idea what rhododendron or dewdrop smell like so they could be playing a part for all I know. The overall effect reminds me of Ingenue. I look forward to getting a bottle when this pops up again. :P

Edited by dirtytrip

I smell the violet, dewdrop and rhododendron along with the daisy the most (maybe a bit of Iris), I think. I wouldn't call this a "bright" scent, in fact I'd say the very opposite - Flower Moon is a very laid back, sweet scent - unlike a lot of florals (and mind you I really hate most florals), it isn't overpower on a single note, and it also is very distinct without knocking you over. I was pleasantly surprised by Flower Moon, which I obtained a few years ago (my review is very, very late, I realize). I think the lunacy blend with the florals made this scent tolerable. Most florals send my stomach rolling or running to wash it off because it is threatening to send me into convulsions.

I guess the best comparison is being me being six years old up north here in Minnesota, laying down on the Great Plains in the middle of spring, when everything is fresh, but the grass scent isn't over powering because you have the flowers in full bloom. And it carries on the air, wafting but not killing you with how strong things are (which they tend to fall into at the end of summer/fall as a great number of them begin to truly pollinate.

Ah, this is a bright springtime bouquet. My in-laws have a farm sitting on 100+ acres, I think, and it's got woods and fields and fields that are in wildlife conservation now that they aren't being farmed. During the spring, I like to go up there and pick wildflowers.

BAM! You're in a field full of flowers - daffodils, violets, tulips (admittedly these grow in my MIL's garden and I would never dare to pick them), irises and other flowers that are pretty but I can't recognize for the life of me.

Unfortunately, I might be allergic to pollen in this blend! It's too strong.

This is like picking a bouquet, finding a bee, and running for your dear life as the bee continues to follow you.

AIIIEEE.

In the bottle: Fresh, sunny wildflowers.

Wet: Flowers, and a hint of slightly sweet fruit. A bit heady, and a bit soapy.

Dry: Iris, violet, and daffodil. Other floral notes I can't pinpoint. The fruit is a bit melony, maybe cantelope?

Summary: Powdery mixed floral with a hint of cantelope.

Edited by fairnymph

In the imp: Bright, crisp, clean floral, very spring-y.

Fresh on the skin: Well, how pretty are _you_. Way prettier than I expected, for some reason. Light, bright, a little powdery, a little sweet. Not very me, but nice!

5 minutes later: Soooooooo pretttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

40 minutes later: This might drive me crazy if I had it on for hours and hours and hours, but for now, pretty nice.

Verdict: I like this quite a bit, though I don't know how I'll feel about long term wear. I'll try it again, though, definitely.

One word: Pretty!

A burst of fresh cut flowers, greenery, and perhaps a bruised petal or two. Unlike Flower Moon '09 the sweetness is all in the blooms. Tulips and violets are at the forefront, and everything else is just a melding of florals. I can also smell the sweetness of ozone and aquatics. I only wish the greenery would come out a little more to cut the overwhelming sweetness.

You'd think I'd know better than to buy something called Flower Moon when I'm not a bg fan of the florals, but no. I had to have it. Not surprisingly, I find it too floral--I don't care much for violets, and iris and daisies don't care my for my skin chemistry. I'll send it of to a floral-lover.

I'm guessing these are herbal flowers and some white notes thrown in there? This goes slightly powdery with a still-realistic sweet floral edge on it on me.I like it but unfortunately I don't love it. White florals just don't seem to like my skin (it depends though, *slaps skin* hmpf). It's very very cute though! :)