Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voodoobaby

Discussion of all things Amber

Megaera=amber plus fruit. :P

I love the lab's amber. Amber and honey are pretty much the only two base notes that I can stand at all.

I am turning to the wisdom of all the smell-good gurus on this forum!

I need suggestions for amber blends that are strong, Strong, STRONG on the amber.

Think amber with spice/resin/herbal/or floral undertones.

I've tried Brisingamen but it's too much carnation and not nearly enough amber.

Thank-you!

Tenochtitlan has a warm, golden amber with some unusual herb and spice undertones. Wait a minute for the prickly-pear fruitiness to die down, and it is absolutely gorgeous, sunny amber.

Verdandi's another ambery one, with a darker, more autumnal flavor.

You should definitely check out The Lion for amber and spice.

Bastet. that is all...if you like musk and can handle a bit of almond, it's purrfect!

Also look out for Jacob's Ladder for a dignified, earthy amber. And I got amber in Aureus, along with woods, patchouli and resins like frankincense.

The Lion's nice, but very heavy on the cinnamon! Which may be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your tastes.

Other nice amber-heavy scents: Haunted, O, Coyote, Fenris Wolf.

I love amber. Well certain kinds anyway. The Lion is an excellent strong amber with spice (I think it's cardamom - just lightly there). Sin is a resiny, warm, spicy scent. Very nice. Coyote is another good, almost pure amber scent with a touch of grass and leather. Yummy. Snake Charmer is also a good amber scent but with lots of other scents in there too - it's strong on the vanilla. It's also an LE and may be difficult to find. Verdandi on me is green apples and amber (very very nice), and Succor is amber and olives (interesting but also very soothing). I love love love amber. I can't wait to see the other recommendations people have for you.

This might not fit in with your criteria, but I had to mention Haunted again regardless. The musk doesn't dominate the amber like you might think, and it stays sweet. So sweet, in fact, that my cats will go out of their way to try and lap it off of my neck when I have it on.

Lick-me amber indeed.

I am another adorer of amber. :D

Let's see (I'm going to mainly list a few of the scents that have amber as a very dominant note on my skin chemistry):

Old Scratch (delightfully dirty amber :P --very heavy amber note)

Jacob's Ladder (resin backed, warm ambery goodness)

Fallen (florals and woods back up a solid amber note with a darkened edge)

Court

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

Nothing says "lick me" quite like O! O is one of my favorite things ever ever ever. It's right up there with cake!

Bastet is nice, too. It's much more subtle than O and smells more like natural skin, imo. And I love Brisingamen too, though there's a more floral whiff to it. Brisingamen is very girly and nice, though. :P

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I placed an order on Jan. 14th with a bottle of Jacob's Ladder and imps of Haunted, O, Old Scratch, and Bastet... among others. It sounds like they'll be right up my alley.

I was a little worried Jacob's Ladder wouldn't be very strong on the amber. I like heavy amber. What do you guys think about it?

I guess in my next order I need to get The Lion, Fallen, Verdandi, Aureus, Fenris Wolf, and Coyote.

Mmmmmmmmmm....... amber :P

I was a little worried Jacob's Ladder wouldn't be very strong on the amber. I like heavy amber. What do you guys think about it?

Don't worry about Jacob's Ladder. Of all BPAL scents, it is the most amber-y. It's practically pure amber. I'm guessing you'll love it (as I do!).

How about Blood Amber? I ordered an imp (I like amber a lot too) and am enjoying it. I suppose it has Dragon's Blood in it (has a red color) but it seems to go from warm amber to warm amber, with some spice.

I am an amber junkie - and what's really funny is that I didn't really have a grasp on what amber smelled like when I got started with BPAL. I get tons of amber from Jacob's Ladder, probably my favorite amber LE ever, although The Haunted Palace is really a gorgeous rosey-orangey-amber on me. Sin, Mantis and the Lion are my favorite GC blends with amber. I also love Aglaea, which is a lovely musk and amber blend with a touch of peach (which I was convinced I hated before trying this blend).

Moscow and Versailles are similar to my nose and on my skin, but both are amber-floral blends that have a more formal, "perfumey" vibe - something to put on when you're going out vs. a regular work day. They're both very regal and beautiful and the amber really anchors the florals.

Although I love, love LOVE O, it smells like vanilla and honey on me - hardly any amber!

Brisingamen enticed me so that I ordered a 5 ml unsniffed, but finally swapped it away because it just disappeared into my skin in the oddest way. A couple months away, I thought, "I'm going to try it again!" and ordered an imp... but the same thing happened. Watch me order an imp again this summer. :P Spellbound and Tamora (peaches again) are two more amber-heavy blends that don't work on me but have huge numbers of fans.

Nothing says "lick me" quite like O!

:P And my thoughts exactly! I don't know if O will have enough amber for you, but my god, it's warm, it's round, it's lickable!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I placed an order on Jan. 14th with a bottle of Jacob's Ladder and imps of Haunted, O, Old Scratch, and Bastet... among others. It sounds like they'll be right up my alley.

How did those work out for you??

Recently got blood amber from BPAL and I am in love with it. Another site I ordered from at the same time was Nocturnealchemy and their Pyramid of Khufu is nothing like Blood Amber but it's a resin sweet amber that crawls on your skin all day.

I'm looking for BPAL Amber rec's like the Nocturne site.

Suggestions girls?

Dahlia :P 's Amber

I'm a NOOB (as in...haven't even gotten my first order yet, noob!) But I'm also a huge amber fan.....so this thread is of great interest to me.

My question is....is there a good scent that blends amber, musk, vanilla and dragons blood? (the dragons blood doesn't need to be there.....but it works well on me.) I adore musky/amber/vanilla smells! (maybe some sandalwood, though it sometimes gets a bit soapy).

Anything warm and not too floral!