Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jessica

Yesod

YESOD

Foundation, Labanah, The Living God, Eternal Life, the Source of the Living Waters.

In the bottle Yesod was sweet and almost aquatic smelling.

Wet/Dry on skin : I smell something like jasmine, but I'm horrible with notes. Yesod remains sweet and floral, I lost any trace of aquatics on my skin.

All in all, its a very pleasant scent, but I'm not sure if it merits a bottle. I'll have to try it out again.

My impressions, too, are of aquatic notes and jasmine. The jasmine blossoms into a multi-floral scent on my skin -- I detect something like gardenia.

First sniff:

Another floral. I'm ridiculously inept at identifying all but a small number of flowers by smell, so for comparison I would say...think Eternal or something similar. They're in the same ballpark. Light florals...white smelling and slightly aquatic. Similar to honeysuckle and maybe white rose or lily.

Wet on skin:

Smells like honeysuckle to me now, although that may be wishful thinking...honeysuckle and rose, actually. Or maybe it's jasmine...it's a hard call. I love honeysuckle (it's one of only two florals notes I genuinely like and even love) but I hate rose and don't care for jasmine, so I'm torn on this one.

Dry down:

Back to smelling like honeysuckle again. I don't normally wear florals, but this isn't half bad, assuming the rose (if that is rose I'm smelling) doesn't decide to stage a comeback.

The bottom line:

Not my usual style, but nice all the same. Soft, white, creamy florals. Very feminine and understated.

In Bottle: Jasmine.

On Skin: Pretty simple and to the point. Floral. I’m thinking it’s jasmine and maybe another floral. I wish I had single notes of all the florals to be able to identify them easier in mixed blends… but this smells like either jasmine or honeysuckle… very sweet and cloying.

White floral. VERY strong white floral. I couldn't place a particular flower, and wouldn't have thought jasmine had so many other noses here identified it as such (mainly because I usually like jasmine) ... I agree with the comparison to Eternal. This is just too flowery for me and as such it strikes me as closer to the "commercial" perfumes. But since there are a lot of floral fans in this world, it could be a very popular scent I think ... just not for me.

I didn't put on much but wet it packs a punch ... to the point that my daughter chose to drive with her dad to her gig rather than me because I stank. Luckily the drydown is very quick and it almost completely evaporated ...

In the bottle

Highly floral, but with a soft feminine floral (jasmine sounds right to me) like note wafting lushiously in and out like a tempting snake.

On

Hmm. Not as lushious as promised. As mentioned by poster above I do smell jasmine honeysuckle and gardenia maybe. Not as aquatic- like as I imagined.

30 minutes

Very floral in a very ultra feminine floral way.

Throw:

Yeah boy.

Scent category:

Floral/Aqua

Summary

Underlying all this floral trauma, I got a very strong feeling of the description. It's so very feminine in energy, like to the nth degree. Maybe a superb blend to use in the wiccan "west corner".

Purchase again?

Nope.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

My impression of Yesod is pretty much the same as the others - very aquatic wet, drying down to a nice, ethereal jasmine. Strong out of the bottle, but has faded a great deal in an hour. Still, all in all, a nice watery scent.

Definately jasmine....but with some other notes that smell like...tape? plastic? :P Not pleasant, sadly :D My skin doesn't normally do this sort of thing to jasmine...

at first: a nice, wet floral.

on: this is a simple, white floral. it still has that aquatic feel underneath.

overall: this is nice, although not quite as watery as i thought it would be.

Yesod

In the bottle: Waxy white floral.

On me: At first sniff, either jasmine or gardenia. There's a hint of aquatic in the background, but I guess based on the description I had expected more.

Drydown: This one doensn't change much, although the strong white floral does fade somewhat. However, there's another note in the background that nows trying to get out: body odor. Eugh!

Ah, something straight from the Tree of Life. It's bringing back childhood memories...

In the vial - VERY commercial perfum smelling to me, something floral, although it's hard to tell.

Wet - Rose perfume, not very strong or sweet, really.

Drying - Not a single waft of jasmine, despite what other people have said. (My skin HATES jasmine and usually amps it to insane amounts.) I'm just getting a very, very, VERY soft rose from this, like I splashed myself in some rosewater. Maybe it just needs to be given time...?

Dry (15 minutes) - Oh, guh. There's the jasmine. I'm DRENCHED in jasmine and rose. It's gotten really cloying and overpowering for me. Must... wash... off...

Overall - Jasmine strikes again. =P The rose in here could have saved it, but just turned too perfume on me and attacked my head and sinuses. Time to swap this one.

In bottle: Oh yeah. That would be the pure jasmine we all know and adore.

On me: If this was meant to be a complex blend, on my skin it failed completely. Jasmine takes over and dominates the entire scene.

Call me crazy, but this smells like Mata Hari at first to me. Well that kind of makes sense, since many other reviewers have described the smell as jasmine and possibly rose. and those are among the main notes in Mata Hari. But I'd swear there's a little of the "toasted rice" scent I get from that as well (I think that's my nose interpreting tonka and coffee bean, in that case).

I'd definitely say there's jasmine in here but whatever that grainy note is, hits me at first and stays for awhile. It becomes a nice jasmine...the kind that I smell when I go to this one store near where I live that sells everything from Chinese slippers to ninja swords, with a row of jasmine scented soap and candles right next to the throwing stars.

Ahh, but I like it for some reason. I don't like jasmine typically but this has a really familiar, comfortable scent to me that makes me think of those stores and makes me want to buy an imitation jade Buddha statue. It's not something I'd wear but it's very comforting...I'd burn a candle that smelled like this, in a second.

Okay, my skin is officially weird. Yesod smells like rubber and gasoline on me. I'm not sure if this is the jasmine (usually it goes sickly sweet), or rose (which usually turns into soap, both in combination, or the aquatics, which also hate me in general. In looking through my notes some other scents that have turned into 'eau de gas station' on me include Nyx, Ra and Brimstone - the only one that appears to have anything in common with Yesod is Nyx with the night-blooming jasmine. Needless to say, I'll be swapping Yesod. :P

Edited by roesmoker

First sniff: Is there fig in this? It’s resinous and dark-fruity, and it seems fig shows up quite a lot paired with resin. I can never identify fig unless I know it’s there though. :P A bit of powdery floral sprinkled over the top, too.

Wearing: It’s decidedly floral on my skin – all the darkness is gone. There’s a tiny hint of something earthy grounding this scent, but the top is all flowers.

If there is anything but jasmine in Yesod, I cannot smell it. This is such an overpowering and headache inducing blend for me.

Smoky jasmine. I ended up having to take a bath to get this one off of me and popping some excedrin migraine to make the ache in my brain go away. :P

Impression: Aquatic, light white florals... --> JASMINE

Freaky, I sniffed each Sephiroth prior to reading its description, and I immediately thought of bubbling waters when smelling Yesod… reading later that it represents the ‘source of the living waters.’ It smells cool and refreshing, with a hint more jasmine and lotus, blended with a light ozone. On me, it goes right to jasmine, but since my skin amps that note, it may not be characteristic of the entire scent. Minutes later… yep, jasmine. Darn my skin. But I would describe Yesod as a potent white and wet floral with perhaps a hint of water and wind swirled through. Hours later, this is still jasmine on me. Your mileage may vary.

I'll agree with everyone else and say jasmine, and maybe a bit of something else... possibly gardenia?

Sadly, jasmine always smells like it's the slightest bit rotten on me - not horribly so, but a few days past the expiration date. That sickly sweet waft of decay before it goes full-on rancid. Not the best of associations, so I've concluded that it's just not a note that works for me. Sadly, it appears to be the most prominent note in Yesod, so I can't see myself wearing this one. :P

Oh my, it's jasmine with some other micellaneous floral stank.

It's that musky floral that kind of smells like b.o. and is almost good, but not quite.

The jasmine remains overpowering while this is wet on my arm. I do love jasmine but this is a bit... single-note-ish for me.

After wearing it for thirty minutes the misc. floral stank from early on has faded away and I am left with a sweet, candy jasmine. It's nice, but still a bit monotonous for me.

Several hours later I get soft, powdery jasmine. I wouldn't mind if it'd started this way.

Yesod is very pretty and very florally and clearly has jasmine ergo is almost immediately on my get it off me list.

Sad but true. Even though this did not immediately give me a headache like some jasmine blends, I have such negative associations with the scent that it is hard for blends to overcome that.

Alas, while Yesod is beautiful, and evocative of the source of the water of life, all I can smell on my skin is the jasmine. :P

Lily. Nice, fresh, slightly aquatic, slightly soapy lily. I am a big fan of lily--it does wonderful things on my skin. Oddly, that's all I smell. This is very nice and feminine, though not fluffy or pink. Lovely. :P