Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Spanish Moss

Lightly powdery and green, this is clean and fresh.

I think this note is in Tears and Zombi.

to me this is very masculine, clean smelling, i was raised in the south, and have smelled real spanish moss, it was a bit dustier then this note, i liek the note better, it is a green, sharp clean smell almost smells "sunny"

I would agree that this is not quite as dry as the Spanish moss that I have smelled hanging from the trees in south Georgia. This is very fresh and green. I believe this smells like Spanish moss, it's just... fresher. And greener.

Wow, this is not what I was expecting! In the vial this is very fragrant and almost rose-like. I do believe this might be the mystery ingredient in Wolfsbane, which came across as like a white rose drenched in greenery to me -- I definitely smell the rosey scent in this as well as the shadow of the scent that doesn't agree with me in Wolfsbane.

This could also account for why a couple of other mossy scents strike me as rosey -- Burial always seemed to have a tinge of that scent to me as well. Well it's not rose, it's Spanish Moss! A surprisingly fragrant scent, and while it does recall moss growing in the shade it also makes me think of mildewing white rose petals. I recognize it from Zombi as well. Now that I know what it is, I know to expect that kind of moldy rose scent (which I kinda like) when I see this listed in blends.

Where oakmoss is dry, musty, and papery like money to me, Spanish Moss is the brighter, fresher, greener, and more clean smelling version. Three of my favorite blends (Bayou, Jazz Funeral, Whippoorwill) have this as a listed note, and I recognize that fresh and faintly soapy green smell. It's a watery, bright and slightly sharp green on me, with the faintest hint of something that makes me think of laundry soap (but never goes outright soapy or bothersome).

I like this. I'd probably never wear it on its own, but I love it in blends. :P

Strong, slightly swampy aquatic. This smells a little different from the Spanish Moss 2012 note - perhaps richer is the best way to describe it?

There's something almost 'stony' about it, and it makes me think of dank castle stones, and green, dewy moss growing on them.