Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Mandarin Orange

if you stuck all the orange sour patch kids (or other sour orange gummy candy) into a blender and liquified them, this is what you would get - slightly sour but beautiful orange.

Complete with spicy pith and peel, Mandarin Orange is sparkling and true. Delightful!

Smells orangey all right, but less like orange pulp than orange peel, tangy and fresh. Sadly, my skin EATS this -- I tried it twice to be sure, and the second time I really slathered it on, and it was still almost gone in an hour.

I may keep some of this for experimenting and/or a scent locket, but I'm likely to decant the rest into imps and put them up for swap. No sense in my keeping it all when I'll never wear it.

Bottle (Imp): I can't smell anything in the imp. That's too strange.

Just On: I get the faintest hint of orange.

An hour or two later: It's really faded already.

Around 6 hours: It's totally gone. That was pretty fast.

12 hours: As shocking as this may seem, it would still be gone.

Overall: This just disappears in nothing flat on me. I can barely smell it in the mip as well, so I guess this is just a really light scent.

After reading other reviews: I didn't really get peel out of this, not that I had much time in the few minutes I could even smell it.

Like other reviewers, this singlenote does the disappearing act on my skin. It only lasted for about a half hour on my skin (which is fine, because I don't really like orange scents). While it lasted, this reminded me of orange tang. You know, that tart and powdery juice mix that didn't taste very good. This doesn't strike me as a sweet smell so much as a sour or bitter orange peel sort of scent. A tad powdery, watery, and very subtle on me.

wow, not a lot of reviews for this one. Well the oil i have has obviously aged significantly ... in that time i think it's changed a bit - it's sweeter and less "orange peel" than the reviews from '04 and '05 would suggest. But still does a disappearing act. 1 hour and completely *poof*

So I got this as a frimp from another long-time BPALer, who is very sure that this is the BPAL single note. Given both the age and smell of this, and how I've tried other 2004 single notes I'm inclined to agree.

Mandarin Orange suffers from the same ageing problem that the Lime SN suffered from. Upon immediate application and on the wand, it smelled like mandarin oranges, it went through a mandarin orange zest stage, a powdery slightly orange stage, and has settled into a weird slightly fruity Pez smell. It's really this weird PEZ smell, which happened with the other citrus single notes that makes me inclined to believe that this is in fact the BPAL mandarin orange SN.