Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

White Chocolate, Orange Blossom, Sugar Crystals, and Champagne

On me the orange blossom is the strongest note followed by the white chocolate, with the suggestion of champagne and sweetness in the background.  It's kind of sweet and sour.  I really like this even though it's not what I expected, it manages to fall into the comfy and cozy category for me.  The champagne note is not at all like it is in the 2 Sufficient Champagne scents I have (Snake Oil, and Blood), where the champagne stands out above all else. 

The orange blossom reminds me a lot of Vixen and if you love that scent I would recommend trying this.

I was expecting a soft white chocolate and orange blossom water scent, but this one is unexpectedly nutty- toasty-malty with a bit of oaky-leathery-coffee and plummy-orchid-florals! But if you wait a bit...that's when things get really good. On the dry-down, this becomes a velvety soft cocoa butter, warm brown sugar musk, and it's just the perfect balance of intriguing/familiar and comforting/captivating, sweet-but-not-too-sweet, close-to-the-skin scent.

Orange blossom with added sweetness. Orange blossom is by far, the strongest note on me. I can pick out the sugar note, but in the background. In addition, there is a sweet, warm quality to the scent, which I attribute to the white chocolate. Lastly, there's the slightest pop-iness to the scent, also in the background. The scent is too warm to be quite a sugared orange blossom scent. Overall, still a foodie scent, but more floral than anything else. I'd describe this as orange blossoms smothering a bed of warmed white chocolate, with a noticeable sprinkling of sugar, and the slightest note of carbonation in the background.

Smells very much like a dupe of Kilian's "Love, Don't Be Shy," but less complex.  The orange blossom is like a sweet orange flavored syrup with hints of creamy, clean flower blossoms, made even sweeter with the extra sugar.  The champagne is most noticeable in the bottle and lighter once applied.  On my skin, the champagne sticks around in the background and adds a fuzzy, musty, soured undertone that I don't love. 
Super sweet orange blossom, breezy white floral perfume, and sour champagne.  I don't smell any of the chocolate.  I'm not really loving this year's box of chocolates and that makes me sad because I usually have a lot of loves in this collection.