Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red roses, heady Moroccan musk, cinnamon, lobelia, coconut flesh, magnolia blossoms, and tobacco tar.

Could you hurt me, sweet lips, though I hurt you?
Men touch them, and change in a trice
The lilies and languors of virtue
For the raptures and roses of vice;
Those lie where thy foot on the floor is,
These crown and caress thee and chain,
O splendid and sterile Dolores,
                  Our Lady of Pain.

Lovely jammy rose and while I was concerned that coconut would go to that sunscreen/cheap body splash place, it doesn't - just is a warm and creamy note. This is so lovely but my skin found the cinnamon even if my nose didn't (hives) - so I'll either have to re-home or use exclusively in my scent locket.

Note: I never tried the original version, and the notes in this did not speak to me, but I decided to grab a decant due to the glowing reviews of the original. And I have no idea what lobelia smells like and didn't even know it was a flower until I looked it up. I just see that word and can't help but to think of the "Lobeliiiiiaaaa!" scenes from Ouran High School Host Club. 😅

Anyways. This has a GC feel to me. At first, I only get the musk, which is much lighter than I was expecting, but then the rose joins in, and it ends up being a predominantly musky floral scent throughout wear, mixed with some coconut (which is more noticeable later on in wear) and magnolia. Curiously enough, the cinnamon and tobacco did not show up on me, which is unexpected, as those are notes that are generally forces to be reckoned with. 😅

This really isn't in my wheelhouse, as there's not enough sweetness with the rose for me, but I'm glad I got to try this resurrected scent!

Edited by doomsday_disco