Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rose sap, gleaming ivy, orris root, sweet oakmoss, pine needle, lime rind, and juniper.

In Tiffany Morris’ novella Green Fuse Burning, the author writes, “Spring was an assault that arrived at the door with flowers in hand…” and Roses, Pearls, and Emeralds is the olfactory equivalent of that neon green revelation. The lime, juniper, and pine comingle to create something surprisingly unarboreal, more oceanic, but also unnervingly electric. Massive bioluminescent algal blooms cause ocean dead zones, and ultraviolet radiation runs amok in wild grottoes and caverns. The rose, oh wily troublesome rose! (Me and rose have history!) is the unexpected, benevolent note-wrangler in this composition, reigning in the maritime radioactivity and lending a soft floral haze that settles and soothes and coaxes it back to land. A little cottage garden that sometimes dreams of kaiju.

Deep green rose stems. The various green notes come together to really strength the rose sap. It smells like the inside of a rose stem, very fresh and green, as if the blossom had just been ripped off. The scent is very green, fresh, and fibrous. I do get a hint of rose and pine in the background. The former also being fresh and dewy. Overall, I'm reminded of a bouquet of roses, but with the flowers all cut off.

So, fun fact, BPAL's rose notes tend to go full grandma baby powder on me. There are very few exceptions and I seem to have better luck with the non-flower parts. That holds true with this one. Not that it doesn't try! It tries extremely hard to go baby powder, but the orris root and oakmoss keep it grounded, I think. It also makes the pine needles smell freshly fallen. I get maybe the barest whiff of lime and I can't quite pick out any juniper going on here. 

As I said to the group chat: I smell like a fae forest floor (positive). On me it's a deep, forest green, the inside of Sleeping Beauty's castle when the curse is full on it. I kind of love it, tbh. And I always love to find another rare rose that works on me!

A beautiful greenery and rose scent that fades in about an hour. Kind of amazed that anything with oakmoss would fade on me since I tend to amp it. It's lovely for as long as it lasts. Hopefully a little bit of age will help it last longer.

I have so many rose scents that I almost skipped this one, but I love it and will probably have to upgrade to a bottle. It's the greenest, most forest-y rose scent I've tried. It smells like layers of green all deepening to emerald. I think it's the lime, pine, and juniper combination my nose is so enamored with.