Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ambergris foam, twinkling white musk, lime rind, frosted lemon, Norway spruce, sour green apple, night-blooming jasmine, Icelandic moss, and yellow bergamot.

BPAL ambergris is my favorite ambergris, so I had to get this one. I was preparing myself for this to be a jasmine heavy scent where the ambergris got lost, but this is a total win on the ambergris front. It's absolutely gorgeous with the tart green notes. The white musk and jasmine give this some floral headiness, but the ambergris is really the star, to my nose. I absolutely love this. 

I’m just getting my sense of smell properly back after being sick for ages, but I have to say - do NOT sleep on Northern Lights, it’s beautiful. 

Abd this is coming from someone who traditionally “doesn’t like citrus”… 
🍋

In the bottle :
light white musk with lime lollipop or startburst sort of smell

Wet On skin:
Soft lime with light floral and a lemony but musky bouquet and as it settles the ambergris enters the party and he is beautiful. This gives the lemon/lime some depth and the floral musk a slight edge so as not to be “girly”.

Dry down :
It’s fresh and full and deep all at the same time. The bergamot and Jasmine are dancing away the night with the musk and ambergris and this party is lit with twinkling candles sparkling in mirrors and crystal candelabras. Then the green apple 🍏 slinks in, handing her dance card to the Jasmine. Ooof. This is good!!! 

I can’t smell the moss or spruce so much (still sick and smell not 💯) but there is a bright green silkiness to it, for sure. Like a beautiful Classic Hollywood Satin slinky dress, accented with pearls and Diamonds.

As the day goes on it gets more white muskish while still staying bright and sparkling. 

This blend is pure joy. 

An almost atmospheric citrus and ambergris scent. The citrus notes are ever so slightly the strongest on me, with bergamot being the most noticeable among them. It's still more of a citrus scent than just bergamot, and is mellowed out by the other notes. The ambergris is the next strongest, combining with the white musk to be more atmospheric than aquatic. I cannot pick out any of the other notes, but there is an ever so slight pine forest component to the scent. It brings to mind soft glowing fairy lights above a distant forest, as opposed to the chill I associate with the northern lights.

Overall, a musky citrus and ambergris scent that reads as more night air than aquatic.