Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green Fig & Cedar: there are no hamster shavings here. This gives an impression of both young fruit and a young tree. The cedar here isn't cut wood, but what I think a tree must smell like on the inside. There's bark and fresh wood. It's a little earthy but not dirty. The cedar isn't the dominant note. It's what the fig hangs out on. The fig is slightly powdery and has a hint of the figgy sweetness waiting in the future, but it's distinctly unripe and green. I don't know if I like this scent, but I keep sniffing it to reveal more of the story it wants to tell.

What it says on the tin. The cedar is slightly stronger on me. The fig is noticeable and not particularly sweet, also adding a green edge to the scent. Overall, this scent remains surprisingly woodsy given how prominent the fig note is.

This is astringent! This reminds me of how my hands smell after removing newly formed figs in late summer (since they won't ripen before the season ends) and my fingers get covered in fig sap. Initially it's a nose tingling greenness, but as it warmed on my skin it grew a tiny touch sweeter and more powdery. I don't get very much cedar but I think it's there to support the chlorophyllic fig note.

This reminds me a bit of Diptyque's Philosykos but Philosykos is notably milkier and sweeter while Green Fig & Cedar remains greeeeeeeeeen