Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Black Rose, Nutmeg, and Smoked Amber

This is a very smoky amber scent on me, with some spice from the nutmeg. I brought this for the black rose, but I only get the tiniest hint of it behind the other notes. The  smoked amber note is very prominent on me, almost a single note with a little spicy nutmeg. The result is a deep, sultry scent. It kind of reminds me of a darker, and smokier Shalimar. This one has alot of throw on me and lasts a long time. 

In the bottle, all the nutmeg.

Wet: still a lot of nutmeg with something floral and warm behind it.

Dry: The nutmeg calms down to add that warm spicy note to the amber with the rose as a dark floral blended in. The mix is blended really well, and the throw has me sitting in this nice cloud of spicy, floral amber. I think I'll need more of this.

A spicy, warm, slightly sweet rose. Keeps shifting on if the amber or the rose is more forward, the nutmeg continuously providing some spice. The amber is giving it a rich body even when the rose is the most prominent.

This is mostly amber and sweet spice on me. I would describe this as an amber scent more than anything. The nutmeg reads more as a general baking spice, giving the scent a strong sweet and spicy component. I don't really get a rose note, it may be absorbed by the deep, smoky nature of the amber. Was hoping for more rose, but if you really like amber, this may be more up your alley.

this is pretty light on rose, but the nutmeg/smoky amber combo is delightful. easy to wear and unobtrusive, but not plain. 

I wasn't expecting this to smell like Djinn but that's exactly what it made me think of!  (But I could be the only one).  Maybe that's the nutmeg, because later the amber comes out stronger mixed with a dark powdery aspect from the rose I am guessing.  But I agree the rose stays mostly well hidden in this scent. 

Something about this reminds me of the cheesy horror movie Burnt Offerings, with the scary lady hidden away in the bedroom upstairs.  It's moody and atmospheric!

Edited by forspecial_plate