Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A sugared cherry chypre with red labdanum, moss, and roasted chestnut.

Good  Luck! Good Luck! I say

Be yours this

NEW YEAR’S DAY

May 2024 bring us all good fortune, prosperity, good health, safety, peace, and mercy.

Starts off with VERY sweet cherry, like a cherry lollipop tossed into a bag of powdered sugar.  The roasted chestnut is the first note to peek out around the cherry, adding a dry, woody, toasty element to the scent.  After about 15 minutes, the cherry is still sweet and sugared, but also has a darker, juicy quality to it and some tartness to cut through the sugar, with the labdanum coming through to add a resinous, slightly powdery, warm, amber base to the cherry.

It's a simple, sweet, cheerful, snuggly scent.  Reminds me of Solstice Scents' Cherry Vanilla Amberosia, but more sugary, floofy sweet and with a softer resinous tone.

Wet, this is possibly the most cherry that could be crammed into a perfume. This phase doesn't last long, and it settles into the next phase: cherry chestnut goodness. I love how the deep chestnut backs up the sweet, bright cherry. The oakmoss is probably the strongest here, but I only catch whiffs of it occasionally. This phase also doesn't last long and the perfume stabilizes into a sweet, resinous chestnut. The cherry isn't very strong in this phase and it reads more as a sweet dusting off sugar. There's something a bit spicy in here. I was worried the labdanum was going to be fizzy, but it is not. The oakmoss is a supporting player, which is a relief because sometimes it takes over on me.

I wasn't sure if this would lean musky or gourmand, and I think it is more gourmand on me. I wish the cherry stuck around for me more, but that isn't really unexpected. The sugary element is unexpected but I like it.

This starts off with some sugared cherry, accompanied by some chestnut and moss. I don't smell the cola-like labdanum that's usually present in the Lab's labdanum scents, so if you're worried about this turning into flat cola, fret not! The cherry chypre in this scent reminds me of Gen Z Feminist Cenobite, only more sugared. To my dismay, the cherry in this scent is super short-lived, though, and it becomes an earthy scent that is mostly about the moss and chestnut. 

Come back, cherry!

This is not something I need a bottle of, but if you're looking for something similar to Gen Z Feminist Cenobite, you may want to give this a try. This is like it's earthier cousin (although I think the cherry in that Lilith scent sticks around on me longer).