Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Hunter's Moon 2023

A Halloween lure: the feral musk of cryptids lurking in an old growth forest peeping expectantly
at a bowl of sticky-sweet caramels, toffees, chocolate bonbons, and butterscotch candies.

Edited by Jenjin

Sniffing in the bottle, I get an almost chemical/candy scent. On my skin, there is a bit of that musk/forest scent as listed, it is odd, but in a good way. As it dries, a bit of sweetness from the caramel and toffee comes out. Not sure I am getting any chocolate or butterscotch out of this, but this is so odd that it is kind of good. It has a medium throw and lasts quite a while. I can say as a foodie/gourmand lover of scents, I actually like this one. It is sort of both, but then not really. The musk isn't overpowering (as it usual does on me) and the forest part is there. All well balanced in this blend. I am digging it!! :) 

This is such an odd (but wonderful) blend.  In the bottle, I can smell the musk and forest part and it's beautiful.  It has a creamy, sweet, white musk scent, the sweetness of chilled night air in spring, and hints of wood and green sap.  I smell it and think of a beautiful red stag standing at the edge of a tree line while the sun sets.  On my skin, the candy part immediately amps up and I also get the scent of black pepper.  Black pepper and a creamy, somehow vanilla leaning mix of warm toffee, sweet caramel, and smooooth chocolate.  The pepper calms down after about a half hour and some of that cool, creamy musk comes back, lingering underneath the candy.  I get the forest impression in the bottle, but on my skin, it's a Halloween party in someone's slightly haunted basement with lots of candy, a few fake cobwebs, a sputtering fog machine, and a chill that slowly starts to unsettle everyone.

I'm not used to the Lunacy scents being this playful (except for the beloved Beaver Moons, of course), but I really love this creamy, sweet blend with a spooky undertone.  It could easily be too sweet, but the other notes keep it from being cloying.  I'm considering at least one backup bottle.

The 'feral' musk is strongest on me. I definitely get the inspiration behind the scent, though the musk is hard to describe. It's a brown, almost fur musk, but without being cozy. And it has a pine edge to it, but without being an evergreen scent. And the various sweets are there as well. The musk is the star here, while the other notes are in the background. The feral musk is not a win for me, but I was curious and this scent is certainly unique and distinct.

This is a fun one for sure, but the candy and the musk actually blend together really nicely for me, to the point where it feels quite sophisticated after an hour or so. Might retest this against something like Teenage Werewolf or even Bear Moon from earlier in the year. 

This really does smell like damp forest air and candy. There's a subtle patchouli that I'm detecting, but it's light and I think part of the "feral"-ness of this. I definitely also notice the caramel and the chocolate, but it's subtle and blended well with everything. This is only a few days fresh from the mail and I suspect will get even better with age!