Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Vintage Snowman Blow Mold

He’s just pretending to be cold! A milky plastic shell of frosted blue spruce, illuminated from within by 40 watts of glowing amber.

Edited by Jenjin

Well. It definitely fits the description! The spruce is fierce and for the first 15 minutes the amber fights with it 🫣.

Then it calms down a bit, spruce always strongest, but never quite smells 'good' to me. The plasticky element is definitely present which gets the point across but might render it unwearable for me. This would, however, make an excellent room spray. Might have to try this in an oil warmer...

If this scent could be a book cover, it would 100% be an R.L. Stine Goosebumps book.  Inside its plastic sarcophagus, a spectral sentinel stands guard, shimmering with the trapped souls of forty dead watts. Enchanted with its kitschy charm, you inhale deeply…and are immediately hit with a damp slap of mildew, the smell of dusty basements and rain-soaked attics. Not pleasant, exactly, but…intriguing, summoning whispers of forgotten winters, of attic dolls weeping silent tears, of cobwebs spun with memories. The scent of time clawing and gnawing at plastic and wood, turning memories into dust. Softly, a chill creeps in. Not the icy bite of winter, but something deeper, more unsettling. Flowers, pale things like ghosts blooming in the snowman’s hollow chest; the sweet decay mingled with the mildew beneath the fake plastic sun of the snowman’s smile. But there is warmth, too, hidden in the depths. Amber, like sunbeams trapped in honey, a counterpoint to the decay, a whisper of life clinging to the skeleton of memory. The snowman’s heart, beating faintly in the plastic ribs.

On me, this is mostly about the spruce throughout wear, although it is strongest during the first few hours of wear, before the amber and plastic notes join it, but then are beaten back by a frost note, which ends up being the dominant note by the end of the day, overlaying the spruce. I think the amber in this may be a sparkling variety, and the plastic, while present, is not as strong as the plastic in Vintage Dracula Blow Mold. The frosted part of the blue spruce seems to be something like the snow note from NYC/Snow Bunny/Marshmallow Snow, which is to say that it is a sugared, sparkling, evergreen-infused snow, that's chilly, but not minty, yet it's different because the evergreen component is already a part of the scent. 

This does go through a phase when the amber and plastic try to gain strength and battle with the spruce, which makes it veer into a somewhat sour evergreen scent on me, but fortunately, the spruce wins out, and the frost smooths things over so that it's pleasant again.

Although I'm not very fond of that wonky phase of the scent, I really enjoy the spruce in this, so I'll keep it around for a while and see how it ages. I agree with HerbGirl that this would be even better as an atmosphere spray.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I get mostly spruce. Spruce tinted by other things, particularly the amber that rounds it out, but mostly spruce nonetheless. I don't get plastic, which is a good thing in my book.

Almost a spruce/evergreen single note on me. I do get a little bit of amber, but the spruce note is by far the strongest. Reminds me of a real evergreen wreath one might get during the winter. It's pleasant, but simple and doesn't stick out among the evergreen scents I already have.

Yeah I agree with HerbGirl and everyone here this is pretty fierce spruce. For me it basically stays that way only softening slightly. It's nice but more of an atmospheric for me but might layer well. Not much plastic really.