Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Sugar Cookies and Bourbon

This is absolutely amazing! It’s that classic BPAL sugar cookie note but not as buttery more sweet and lightly spiced. I don’t get definitive bourbon at all. No boozy notes here. It’s just a vibe, a cozy cookie Christmas vibe. I love it. As a big fan of Sugar Cookie the original this is an incredible variant of it! Hurry and grab this! It’s a winner! Great throw and staying power too! Cheers 🥃🥃

Super boozy when first applied and wet! I can even smell a bit of the oaky notes of a nice bourbon. The sugar cookies come along behind as it dries, all blond and crumbly and buttery. Really delicious and so cozy! And probably the first "sugar cookie" that didn't read savory on my skin! (Looking at you, Sugar Cookie Snek).

Edited by elissamay

Why does the experience of wearing this feel like being in a gritty/glittering sepia-tinted Lana del Rey Christmas song?

Like…

neon lights, sugared air,
bourbon kisses billionaire–

-or-

sippin’ on that amber gold,
vanilla’s got me in a stranglehold–

Ok, I have embarrassed us all enough, and this incredibly gorgeous scent–and my favorite of the bunch–and deserves better than my silliness. BUT. I’m also not wrong.

This features the same syrupy, brown sugar-y sugar cookie note from the Box of Cookies from 2021, and the more recent iteration of Sugar Cookie. But it is accompanied by tons of bourbon, which is at its booziest during the wet phase of the scent, and seems to amplify the syrup-y sugar qualities of the cookie component after the scent has been dry for a while. I agree that the oak aspect of the bourbon really cozies up to the sugar in a nice way, making the late drydown my favorite phase of the scent.

I already own the 2020 version of Sugar Cookie, so I am going to have to deathmatch them and see if I really need both in my collection. In any case, the decant is a keeper, though!

ETA: I did not deathmatch this with Sugar Cookie, but I did slather it and make a small batch of sugar cookies (this recipe) to eat a sugar cookie with a shot of bourbon to see how it compares to this scent. Let me just say that the bourbon in this scent is much smoother and does not overpower the cookie like the real stuff :lol: . I slathered it as my scent of the day a few days ago, and the oaky bourbon was the main player on me throughout wear, backed by a somewhat powdery sugar cookie note that reminded me of Sugar Cookies with Extra Sugar (which I destashed). I like this more than that scent, but wish the sugar cookie didn't go powdery on me like in that one.

Edited by doomsday_disco

the rum hit my nose as soon as I opened the bottle, and I was sure I hated it. I tested it on my skin anyway, and let it dry. now, the boozy smell is mostly gone— or hiding behind a chewy, warm, dark brown sugar cookie. I’m happy that the cookie scent isn’t cloying— it’s almost like a sweet skin scent. I LOVE this one, keeper for sure  ♥️

Sugar Cookies & Bourbon, in the bottle and on my skin at first, smells like bitter cough syrup lightly sweetened with a hint of cherry.  The bourbon part is downright awful to my nose - harsh, heavy, bitter, and medicinal.  Thankfully, the bourbon disappears as the oil sinks in to the skin (only about 5-10 minutes for me) and then the delicious cookie part comes through in full force.  Buttery, sweet, vanilla-y sugar cookies that are a little well done on the edges, just enough to add a darker, caramelized tone to the sugar cookies.

It's really strong and has great throw on me, which is sometimes hard to find in a cookie perfume oil.  It turns into a satisfying, sweet gourmand if I just suffer through the bourbon opening.