Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

21 Snowballs

Writer 1: “..with all due respect, who wants to smell like a melted snow cone dipped in bathtub gin?”

Writer 2: “Oh ho ho…this isn’t your bodega slush, this is high-society slush. Slush for the one-percenters. Slush that glides on the ice rink of life, tiara perched askew, a perfectly chilled martini in paw…”

Writer 1: “Paw? What is this? An ice-skating raccoon? Are you suggesting raccoons wearing tiaras now?”

Writer 2: “Not just any raccoons! We’re talking raccoon royalty! Imagine, Duchess Trashpanda McGillicutty the Third, gliding across the frozen pond of Central Park, diamonds sparkling, fur glistening with the essence of juniper berries and chilled tonic. This fragrance is an ode to her, a symphony of sophistication with a playful wink! Like a posh raccoon’s boudoir after a night of ice skating and high-stakes poker. You get the zesty citrus of her freshly squeezed victory cocktail, the crisp snap of her caraway and rosemary-lined nest, and the faintest whisper of that perfectly aged gin, lingering like a mischievous grin on her furry little face!”

Writer 1: “Ok, ok you had me at Trashpanda McGillicutty!”

This features the gin note from 21 and the snow note from Snow and White Musk Hair Gloss, which also reminds me of Schönperchten from several Yules ago... so a powdery, lightly chilled, but not minty, white musk-infused snow. It starts off very strong on the juniper-y gin, backed by that snow, and then the snow note gains strength over time, eventually becoming the dominant aspect of the scent by the end of the day.

It's not a snow scent that I need more of, but it was nice to get to try it.

I nabbed a decant hoping it would be gin and the minty slush note that I'm so fond of. Sadly, I got zero slush. It was, however, very green and herbal? Very much like soap but in a masculine cologne-ish sort of way. 

Gin slush. On me, this is a gin and snow duo. The snow note here isn't fluffy so much as icy, snowy slush. But in a good way, like you made your own in slushy by filling a cup up with snow and poured gin over it. Overall, smells like a simple, wintery, slightly icy cocktail.

This was an unfortunate fail on me, I wanted something kind of bright and zingy, frosty and refreshing.  On my skin, I can tell there is snow and something gin-like, but there is something musky about it too.  Whatever the muskiness is makes this into kind of a muddled mess on my skin.  It's just not appealing on me.  : ( 

I'm blaming my skin chemistry because I'm not getting as much gin or juniper as the other reviewers talked about.  It's more like musky snow on me.