Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Gas Can

Well, it's pretty simple, Bpal's pumpkin note with a realistic gasoline note.  I was feeling brave this morning and put on a good amount for testing.  In the very beginning there is something about the gasoline note that is earthy, like there's a tiny bit of dirt in it.  But really it's pumpkin and gas.  And I like it??  Seriously after about a half hour I grabbed my decant and put on more.  Like, a full real amount, more than just a test.  I like this!  It's so weird.  It doesn't really smell scorched to me, it's almost - medicinal maybe?  Kind of like tiger balm?  But again, it's pumpkin and gas, it's just that simple.

It doesn't have nuclear strength like some pumpkin scents can have on me.  It fades a lot after a couple hours.  But I think a decant will be enough for me because I'm not sure I would wear this very often, even though I do like it.  I'll see how often I end up reaching for it.  

You definitely get the petrol loud and strong. The pumpkin coexists with it and it smells like a pumpkin covered in dirt. I know that's not most people's bag but i like it! As it settles in it gives off a light rubber smell

An earthy pumpkin, straight from the dirt, not the kind with baking spices

A few hours later the petrol smell dies out, and there's a sweetened soft pumpkin flesh left behind, which is very pleasant.

Is petrol meant to smell different than gasoline? freshly applied it does not smell like filling up the tank, imo - something more like paint thinner maybe. thar be fumes but not the fumes I seek! I do however get a nice scorchy sweet pumpkin as the fumes die down. smells great when it's dry. 

Oh the bpal pumpkin spice is always pretty -- so specific and recognizable! Hi!

I get a minute of the petrol-y motor grease kerosene smell, which is delightful but fleeting, then it starkly shifts to intense celery salt and strong pumpkin spice candle. This could be an issue with my dry ass skin and 60ish degree weather though.

The remnants smell good on my sheets, but it's really distinctive and the mystery celery is too distracting for me to wear. 

Edited by Supertrooper Omni

Pumpkin Gas Can goes on as a blast of petrol, backed by a sweet, syrup-y pumpkin note that is not heavily spiced. The pumpkin becomes more prominent over time, until eventually, it dominates the scents after a few hours of wear.

I actually enjoyed the petrol note in this, but I'm not really a fan of the syrupy sweet pumpkin that was paired with it. But at least it didn't smell scorched?

Edited by doomsday_disco