Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Spice Espresso Martini

So, I have never tried an espresso martini, but they sound amazing! Sniffing this (got it straight from the mailbox) I can smell a faint coffee/slight martini scent. On my skin, as it warms up, it stays the same. Light throw and not getting any pumpkin spice. Mostly a very light coffee alcohol. Stays close to the skin and not a lot of throw, but it needs to warm up a bit. I am just too anxious to wait!! It is very nice. 

This scent is more pumpkin spice syrup on me. I think I'm getting a little bit of espresso, but it's reading more as chocolate to me. And I'm not getting any booze. The scent also stays close to the skin for me. I'd sooner reach for Pumpkin Latte or Pumpkin Spice Latte unfortunately. In short, this reminds me more of pumpkin spice coffee flavoring than an actual drink.

1. Unscrew the bottle lid. 

2. ....... wait for the FIREBALL BLAST OF ALCOHOL to roll up and past your nostrils. Snort out the singed nose hairs.

3. Sit back and sip the COFFEE. This is black and bitter espresso with black and bitter chocolate notes that gradually modulate with the addition of a buttery caramel syrup. This is the thick, chewy Turkish coffee with extra grinds and Eastern European spices. It reminds me of the coffee notes from The Turkish Village (minus the roses).

Once on the skin, the entire experience mellows out. The alcohol notes clearly got overcaffeinated and jittered out the door. My wearing experience is blackened espresso silt and cardamom, followed by caramel drizzle. 

This would be amazing layered with Pumpkin Latte (to boost the coffee element) or PS Hot Buttered Rum (to amp the butter and caramel) or,  imagine the three together!

Booziness: 8/5. Pumpkin Pie Spiciness: 1/5 (it reads Eastern European spicy, not American Thanksgiving.) Experience: extra demitasse. 

Edited by bheansidhe

Bitter coffee and musky alcohol. The pumpkin spices probably contribute to the flat and dark quality of this scent, too.