Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Don’t Play Fetch with a Teenage Werewolf

Both sniffed and skin-tested: the richest, milkiest milk-chocolate chocolate note. You, literally, arising from a vat of churning, freshly made milk chocolate in a chocolate factory like Aphrodite born of the waves, except you're being born aloft on a fresh-baked honey graham cracker. You can smell it down to the crispy snap of the perforations, note-perfect. 

I normally have to avoid "honey" notes due to skin fuckery, but not here. The russet fur component is just enough to drag it into gourmand perfume territory.

Drydown: tray of freshly baked brownies drowned in maple sap. Run, don't walk, to acquire this if any of those notes appeal.

Sniffed from the bottle, this smells exclusively and EXACTLY like Belvita Breakfast Biscuits, which are one of my favorite quick and easy breakfasts, but absolutely not what I want to smell like all day long.  

Honestly, I was kind of thinking WTF, Elizabeth!?!  Is this another Day Old Ham or Rapidly Solidifying Mashed Potatoes?  Gore-Shock or Pruno?  WHO WOULD LIKE THIS? Then my son bravely dabbed on a drop and I thought “okay, it’s not as bad as I thought, but still not for me”.  I came so close to putting it in my swap pile without ever skin testing it.

Boy would that have been a HUGE mistake.

In seconds, the oaty biscuit note drops way, way into the background.  I really can’t even pick it out as an individual note anymore.

What emerges is a dark wildflower honey with unctuous floral notes and chewy bits of comb poured over a devastatingly expensive, melted, fruity-floral, single origin chocolate lightly sprinkled witb digestive biscuit crumb dust all wrapped up in a snuggly, warm musk with just a seductive little wink of something funky- primal and pleasantly mammalian.  Not stinky, but deliciously dirty.  

This is so unexpectedly wonderful.  And is yet another data point in favor of my Never Judge A BPAL Until You Skin Test It hypothesis.

I cannot belief how different this smells from bottle to skin warmed.

If you like honey notes, RUN! Don’t walk.  And don’t judge it until you try it.

Deep honey biscuits. On me, I don't get the chocolate bar, mostly the honey biscuits. But they are more biscuits with honey poured over them. I can smell the buttery, flaky, doughy bread of the biscuits, along with the honey, made more earthy and amber like by the fur note. An interesting foodie, honey and biscuits (but no chocolate), scent.

This is mostly about the honeyed biscuits on me. It's not the same honeyed biscuit note from Moonglow bath oil, if I'm remembering correctly, and I'm getting far more biscuit here than I did with that one. It's not the same honeyed or biscuit in Sportsmanship, either, which was a floral honey completely obscuring the biscuit. I'm not getting the chocolate nougat bar from this, and I tested it twice, several weeks apart. As for the biscuit, I think it's more British biscuit (cookie) than American biscuit.

The honey in this is a thick, dark, toffee-like honey that ends up reminding me of Harlow's Lace once the musk joins in after several hours of wear. I do like this more than Harlow's Lace, though.

I probably wouldn't reach for this over other honey scents, but I'd be interested in this biscuit note popping up again.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I love the opening with the authentic nougat note.  It's a chewy, cool, creamy vanilla with honeyed nuts, covered in a thin layer of earthy-yet-sweet, dark chocolate.  It's my favorite part, so of course it's the most short lived note.  Mostly I get a lot of the fur (which smells like powdery, warm, brown musk) and an authentic honey sweetened with a sliver of chocolate.  It's warm, cuddly, and sweet, but too powdery for me.