Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Hard-packed earth lined with wild grasses, blazing beams of sunlight filtered through the green leaves of summer.

Overwhelmingly green in the bottle. When wet it is also all about the green, rich and lush but with a slight spicy undertone. It gets spicier as it dries, I think this is the sunlight and dried grasses.  After a short time drying the green leaves take over, with almost a wildflower note. This is glorious, I could happily spend an afternoon dozing in a clearing in this forest.

After about an hour it has faded quite a bit but stays green and I love it.

100% agree. This is beautiful and green! The same fresh, green leaves note in The Little Ghost Who Died For Love and Allegory of Spring. This is all about that green leaf note and green grass. I'm not getting the soil note, and I'm glad (no Zombi vibes here at all). Thee Clean and Green Fairie Queen. :wub2:

I love this. The scent, bottle, everything gives Elven/Middle Earth vibes, maybe the daytime version of Little Ghost. Glad to have alternatives to Elf and this year has been awesome.

BLUF: Layer perfumed dirt (Earth Phoenix) with a riot of freshly waterhosed nursery inventory (Enkindled Spring) and give it a dusty grass back (Dog Days of Summer, Coyote).

Wet: Perfumed dirt--not clean potting soil or baked baseball diamond in summertime dirt--verging on being incense-y.

Semidry: Steamy greenery/succulents and flowers (daffodil).

Dry:  There's the summer grass I've been looking for! All together, this is a very peak summer [in CA] smell.  It's not "forest" to me (no tree/wood action that I can pick out because I don't smell like pencil or hamster cage) but definitely the far leading edge or middle of a transition zone near one.

Very dry:

L wrist - green and dried grass with a light floral and dirt smell

R wrist - dried grass and dirt.

Edited by DigitalCoyote

The bottle smells like sweet green grass, a big comfort scent of mine, so I wasn’t ready for the punch of perfumed dirt on application (hard packed indeed, right into both my nostrils). That brought on a second of panic, but the dirt note is VERY short-lived (too short lived for me to appreciate it tbh - I probably would’ve liked it if I hadn’t been lulled into sweet grass complacency right before it hit me).

Dry, it’s delicious. There’s greenery and sunlight and I second the hint of wildflowers. Not quite a forest, but a wooded meadow. There’s a little something else in the background that gives it a bit more depth and complexity than the notes would suggest (perhaps what’s left of the dirt?) so it feels like a proper perfume to me despite its simplicity - something I can’t say about other green grass blends I’ve tried. 

Overall, it’s fresh and green and light and I love it. It’s the summer grass scent I’ve been waiting for.

This is such a green, joyous scent.  It so vividly reminds me of my childhood, rushing through the giant cane bamboo stalks and scrappy grasses on my way to the river, finally making it to the rocky riverbed and smelling all of the greenery around me, the mix of sun baked stones and wet stones, and a cool, watery breeze coming off the river.  It's beautiful.  I felt so drawn to the artwork for this scent, but wound up passing on buying it and then deeply regretting it.  I'm so happy that I found a secondhand bottle.  I'm going to cherish this fragrance.