Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Initially the lavender is most prominent, and as it settles the currant gives it a gentle fruity edge and the lilac bevomes stronger than the lavender- overall it's a lovely soft purple scent. You must like lavender but it isn't sharp or overpowering at all here. Very comforting to me.

I love this lots!  I can't really pick out any notes except for the suggestion of frankincense.  Right at the beginning I got a hint of spruce or something, but I think that could be from the frankincense.  The lavender doesn't stand out to me, like it did for bygraveyardlight in the review above.  I don't really smell lilac either tbh, but I believe everything is here blending into this one scent, and it's not really like anything else I have.  (I'm kind of new to lilac notes, so maybe my nose just isn't detecting it..)  

Clean and resinous, maybe just a touch fruity.  Almost like soap or a bath product but very comfortable for me and I think I'll be wearing this a lot.  (Edit..).  Actually every time I wear it, I think of Lush's Sultana of Soap, they're not exactly alike but the vibe is very similar IMO.

Edited by forspecial_plate

I decided to try this because it contained lavender. And the lavender is definitely present throughout wear, but all of the other notes are in full force here, and the combination of the black currant and the lilac on me makes this skew somewhat sour. I'd say the frankincense is the strongest note throughout wear, but there's more of the floral notes with it early on, and more of the black currant once the scent has been dry for a few hours. During this stage, the lavender is still present, but the lilac has calmed down a lot, and since the black currant is stronger, there's some welcome sweetness to the scent.

But I'm not willing to go through that sour wet phase to get to that point.

Dang this is good. A rich but mellow purple floral vibe, with points of dark fruity intensity pulsing through, just as depicted in the artwork. I love lavender and blackcurrant, but lilac doesn't always agree with me, so apparently this is the secret combo that works for me and my skin chemistry.