Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Cat Sitting on a Cushion Licking Its Paw

“Unbothered. Moisturized. Happy. In my lane. Focused. Flourishing.” A poof of russet velvet, hazelnut, benzoin, Roman chamomile, cedarwood, and red patchouli.

This reminds me a bit of Horses Cooling Themselves in Water, but that one was sweet with a touch of musk.

The hazelnut leads the dance on my skin, with the chammomile gently behind. I get some of the woodiness coming in behind that, which for me is a lovely combo of that unmistakeable cedar and my beloved woody red patchouli.

This is very dry, so if you crave a scent that isn't sweet, and you enjoy a nutty or woody blend, I'd give this one a go.

Utterly genderless; this could smell sohpisticated and elegant on anyone.

Edited by elissamay

Oh nice, agree with elissamay on the Horses Cooling comparison. A cat version of a chestnut horse, even tho the cat on the label is brown and white. In fact, agree with her review in general. Warm, dry, nutty, woodsy musk. Touch of fuzz. Very nice wearable patch. 

Everything in this is well blended, smooth, and beautiful.  I would have guessed that this has red musk and amber in it because it has a deep, sensual, warm, musky quality and sweet, resinous tones.  The hazelnut and benzoin are toasty, warm, and lightly sweet.  I enjoy the chamomile more than usual in this blend because it smells like a warm cup of herbal tea and feels very calming and satisfying.  Red patchouli can sometimes turn to BO on my skin, but the patchouli and cedar here are wonderful.  The patchouli smells black and earthy in a way that is so seductive and the cedar is like an antique cedarwood chest, dry and slightly spicy.  I love a sweetened patchouli blend and Cat Sitting On A Cushion is a complex sweetened patchouli that's warm and easy to wear.  

I love this Cat series so much and want to backup bottle most of them.  I think that Bpal perfectly captured the paintings and the spirit of being a cat in scent-form.