Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Bottle: The lemony scent I get from tobacco sometimes. Clean.

I was looking forward to being able to describe the type of fougere here. Was it especially green or oakmossy? Was there geranium possibly? Sadly all I can report is that yes, that is certainly a fougere. It's clean. There's greenery. Perhaps lavender. Luckily it's not the powdery death that Vicomte de Valmont was on me. I know tobacco's there. I get clove mostly through a sense of sharpness. Unless my nose is broken the fougere is strong enough to camouflage it for now. Also my nose is very confused by the cool fougere and warm tobacco and spice. Oh, this reminds me a bit of the Halloweenie Carlin, if I'm remembering correctly. Not an exact match, because Lil Mister is a cologne but they share greenery and some clove.

Edit: My allergies have kicked in and it's probably not smart to test this one further.

Edited by patina

I love fougeres! This one is warm and smoky with a strong oakmoss undertone. The clove and tobacco kick in to add a sweetness to the throw.

Medium throw, lasts about half a day before it burns down to a skin scent on me.

This is very much a fougere. I couldn't pick out the clove or even the tobacco on me, because it just screamed cologne really loudly on me. But I do agree that there's a green aspect to it, perhaps some moss, and maybe some bergamot as well?

I'm putting my decant up for swap as I know I wouldn't wear this over other fougeres that I have in my collection. I wish I had gotten a hefty dose of clove with it!

Dry, dusty clove with an oakmoss backing. The splash of tobacco adds a bit of sweetness, but it's just there to support the clove. I can see bergamot in here, too. There's something in the fougere that's sweet and a little citrusy.