Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Iced birch, arching aspen branches, evergreen needles, snow-covered stone, and warm, iridescent amber.

It's everything you want it to be if you drool over the listed notes. Excellent.

However...

Eta: this dries down to an evergreenish red musk scent. Not sure where the red musk came from...

Eta 30 Nov. 2023: zippy red musk? Where is that note coming from and how does it drown out the other notes??? I love the scent but it is not true to the expectation of its parts...

Edited by HerbGirl

Ice melting on resiny woods. On me the scent stars out with a very amber filled, almost smoky wood note. While that does not go away, it is softened by a growing melting ice/snow note. It starts off smelling a little like linen on me, but overall is very much an almost atmospheric, wet snow note. I don't smell pine needles or stone at all. Overall, smells like a broad-leaf forest during the first real thaw of the spring season.

This was amazing when I first applied it, with lots of evergreens and stone. It's more forest than snowy forest at first, but gets more of a wintery chill as it sits on the skin. I was sitting there, huffing it, and loving it, until a stealth dark musk note arrived and eventually took over. Wahh! Then it becomes a musk bomb on me (I think maybe a red musk infused with another one) backed by the evergreens and stone (I think maybe the stone note might be secretly infused with musk, as this has happened with another scent containing a stone note that I tried not too long ago). Eventually, the evergreens disappear and it's all about the musk and the amber, which I think may be the sweet, somewhat sparkling amber that I don't love from the Lab (it's not the white amber featured in A Winter's Evening).

I wish I could have this as a room spray, where I could bask in the gloriousness of the evergreens and the stone and not have to worry about my skin making this a musk party. 😭

Dark pine tar with dry spicy birch, amber in the back. a minty, cold glow surrounding.

As it settles I get more evergreen. Now it's more cold amber, less pine. Masc leaning.

If you sort of like that men's pine tar soap, but you want something less smoky and aggressive and more green and cold, try this.

Ok, now it's taken a complete 180 and is a slightly fruity, sweet pine scent with a touch of spicy wood.

I can't decide if Id actually wear it, but as a pine scent that doesn't go pine sol or cat pee on me, I'll hang onto my imp.

A bit like birch tree soda, then it becomes pine trees and the lab's snow note underpinned by a warm amber that really takes this out of the forest and into the idea of a forest. I enjoyed this a lot, but I find there's no 'forest floor' to anchor this pine scent enough for me to FS it.  I really really love Theoi Nomioi and that is a whole forest in a bottle.  When matched against Theoi, Zima falls short.

The issue here is that it's too safe for me.  This is a good pine scent for those afraid or wary of pine.  If you want the whole forest, dark and deep (Black Forest), or cold and stony (Theoi), there are better options still up for grabs.