Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Salsa Shark

Milk and Cream Notes

Having tried Zarita and loving until the iris kicked in ( :P ) I was hoping to find some other blends with a fairly prominent milk/cream note in them. Unfortunately pretty much everything I could find in the GC with milk listed also had honey in it - my skin amps honey like crazy and has turned all but one blend I've tried with it into pure Honey SN within the hour.

So is there anything out there sans honey? An old LE, or a blend hiding away in one of the GC categories which doesn't list notes?

Have you tried Obatala? It was too sweet for me, but I think that was due to the milk. There's coconut meat in it though. But no honey :P

How do you feel about chocolate/cocoa? The Candy Butcher has a strong heavy cream note, on me anyway.

Try Dana O'Shee -- my skin also amps honey, and it didn't do so here. If you can find some, you might enjoy Chaste Moon, but it is one of the rarest of the rare, so good luck! :P

How about Monster Bait: Bloody Mary?

I haven't tried it yet but I love Zarita and am hoping to get the same creamy feel from Bloody Mary.

Have you tried Dragon's Milk or Alice? Both are very creamy and milky, and I don't get any honey from them.

Mag Mell and Gluttony also come to mind.

Sudha Segara. It's gingerbread cookies and milk on me. NOM NOM NOM

ETA: I didn't get any honey. It's worth a shot.

Edited by palastinalied

I just got my new Gaiman decants, and I can happily tell you that Shadwell rocks that condensed milk/tobacco blend.

I'd definitely second Obatala, and in fact, if you can get hold of it (which may not be easy!), Milk Moon 2005 smells an awful lot like Obatala to me, and while I love honey, I don't find it a dominant note in Milk Moon (same with the more recent Milk Moon, actually, though it's a little hard to tell, since as I said, I love honey). And ditto to Alice, I don't smell honey in that at all.

FWIW I didn't get ANY cream from Bloody Mary - all I got was cherry lollipop. But it's certainly worth a shot! :P

At the risk of sounding obvious, I would nominate Milk Moon. Many complain of its going "sour" but it does not do that to me. It has a lot of fruit notes in it as well, but its very milkly. Maybe you could try an imp first to be sure it doesn't "curdle" on you! :P

Next I would nominate Zarita for cream scent, it is definitely my favorite for that. It also has orange blossom though, so if you do not like that--avoid it.

Aside from Zarita, I get really lovely cream notes from Snow White ’07, Midway Resurrected , The Candy Butcher, and Eat Me (and sometimes Love's Philosophy, Death Adder, and O). :P

Edited by icing

Try Dana O'Shee -- my skin also amps honey, and it didn't do so here. If you can find some, you might enjoy Chaste Moon, but it is one of the rarest of the rare, so good luck! :P

I second Dana O'Shee! It's unbelievably yum! Very milky and soothing.

Have you tried Dragon's Milk or Alice? Both are very creamy and milky, and I don't get any honey from them.

Mag Mell and Gluttony also come to mind.

Alice is lovely! Very milky and a wonderful carnation note in there. Gluttony was more caramel on me than milky.

I just got my new Gaiman decants, and I can happily tell you that Shadwell rocks that condensed milk/tobacco blend.

*Adds Shadwell to her wishlist.* Love milk! Love tobacco!

Do woody notes work for you? Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge ("Cream accord, amber, teak, and lotus blossom") is gorgeous!

Nominating Cheshire Moon for creamy goodness. It smells like Tres Leches cake to me. Dragon's milk is wonderful if you don't mind the DBR mixed in it. I have never had the privilege of smelling the original Milk Moon, but the newer one (in 2007) is creamy with fruit.

Drink me is delightfully creamy.

Love's Philosophy is creamy and foody.

None are really pure cream on me.

Obatala has been compared to a coconut smoothie--creamy coconut. Nice throw too.

Well, that's my short list.

I can smell cream in Egg Nog. I think there's a touch in Beaver Moon 07.

I second the recommenation of Glowing Vulva.

I do not like the milk moon scents. They are sour like was mentioned above.

I would suggest Mouse's Long and Sad Tale. It is one of my favorites.

I have not smelled Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge but I love teak. It does not smell woody to me at all, but is sweet and pleasant.

Its a very odd sort of milky scent, but the Organ Grinder is great for something milky in a non-traditional sense (almond-milk). I like how unique it is.

So often in the scents that have a milk or cream note, I don't smell "milk" or "cream" as an individual note, it's just that whatever Beth uses to achieve those notes makes a scent softer and a little sweeter on my skin somehow. But it's definitely popped up in some of my favorites, most recently Katrina Van Tassel. I had to learn that I liked these notes - they're in some sweet caramelly scents that went wrong on me, and I finally realized that I turn caramel into burnt blackened sugar, but that cream and milk can really enhance a blend for me!

Of everything I've smelled with milk or cream, I think Castitas (the bath oil) has the strongest cream note. As a bath or body oil it is a great base for tons of BPAL blends, it's a soft creamy vanilla. I just used the last of my bottle and I am jonesing for more, I tell ya! Must wait until Santa does his shopping. *sits on hands*

Of course, the LE Katrina Van Tassle is very milky if you can do a light white rose. It is pure sweet cream with just a touch of floral.