starbrow

wrist-sniffing wench

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Nothing Selected
  • Aries
  • United States

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:02 AM

To save a trump card, sometimes you must make sacrifices: tolu balsam, leather, labdanum, black pepper, and benzoin.

The Scapegoat is very very similar to Ranger v5 i.e. Ranger minus the berry and sweet pine, with a dash of pepper like v5 has. Even though they don't share listed notes, they end up coming out pretty much the same on my skin. Ranger is one of my favorites, but I am definitely missing the berry/pine in Scapegoat, just like I did in v5. The leather in this one is pretty muted, with the balsam and pepper more in the forefront. It's a nice, wearable scent, but not one I need a bottle of. 

#2 theseagrows

theseagrows

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 4,151 posts
  • Mood:transforming
  • SotD:deathrock
  • Horse
  • Aries
  • United States

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 AM

starting off i get a resiny, slightly sweet scent. i think it's labdanum and tolu balsam. i don't seem to get much of the other notes, but there may be some benzoin in there too. i get a bit of black pepper, but this is mostly smoky and sweet resins. if there is leather, it's very subtle.

#3 Roogna

Roogna

obsessive precious hoarder

• Members
  • 1,158 posts
  • Dog
  • Libra
  • United States

Posted Yesterday, 10:13 PM

bright woody balsam with pepper spice. Low throw. More woody than leathery

#4 LizziesLuck

LizziesLuck

The light's bright, it's just not always on...

• Members
  • 5,243 posts
  • Mood:Content
  • SotD:Venus Verticordia
  • Ox
  • Aries
  • Canada

Posted Today, 03:33 AM

Wet: Lots of leather, but the smooth warm worn leather that I LOVE. Reminds me of Unicorn and Ram, Hochelaga. Has that sort of feel. It's a warm snuggly woody leather scent, with rich resins to sweeten it up. Lovely. Unisex.

Dry: This is so lovely and comforting and snuggly. The leather is to die for - soft, well worn, almost sueded. It's warm and rich, slightly woody, slightly sweet from the resins. Really nice. It really does somehow remind me of Unicorn and Ram - I need to do a side by side. I may have to have more of this!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Fools Journey, Faces of the Fool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users